Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best player in the Championship

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nice to hear The Football Ramble giving it to Knocky, just ahead of Shelvey.

Your thoughts? I think there's an argument to be made for Lewis Dunk, I genuinely think he'd be comfortable in a midtable Prem team now.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Luke Moore on the football ramble has always been a massive fan of Knockaert, always give him a mention. Shelvey is quality but AK has chipped in with so many goals and important ones at that so think he deserves to win it indeed.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In our team it's probably Dunk, some silly yellows aside, he's been good in every single match this season. His partnership with Duffy would be solid in the PL.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Nice to hear The Football Ramble giving it to Knocky, just ahead of Shelvey.

Your thoughts? I think there's an argument to be made for Lewis Dunk, I genuinely think he'd be comfortable in a midtable Prem team now.

Shelvey - on his day - can run games in this division.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd have Shelvey ahead of Knockaert. Far more consistent for starters.

But the Dunk argument is a good one. Certainly the best centre half, and for us he is probably as important as Shelvey is to Newcastle.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Manu :moo:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Knockaert is the most talented player in the division, Shelvey perhaps more consistent... so depends what way you look at it! There's some very good players in this league this year.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cairney is a good call.

As [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] says it is difficult to do a like for like comparison.

Dunk has been excellent, but so has Duffy. ?Mooy at Huddersfield has been good as well.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Cairney is a good call.

As [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] says it is difficult to do a like for like comparison.

Dunk has been excellent, but so has Duffy. ?Mooy at Huddersfield has been good as well.

Agreed. I know Dunk has been superb, but I'm mystified that Duffy never gets a mention. I also agree that it should be position by position. Then I'd also include Bruno.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Knocky is the Championship's best player, he is a match-winner and inspires those around him.

theboybilly

Cairney is a good call.

It would be interesting to hear what a Huddersfield fan thinks of Mooy. He didn't show at the Amex but in the games I've watched him both on Sky and live at the JSS I think he is a great player. He just seems to make space for himself by holding on an extra second or two before releasing a killer pass. I suppose it's what is called vision. My only real criticism is that all this hasn't seemed to lead to goals

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've been kind of leaning, for a few weeks now, of sticking my cross in the box for Duffy as BHA player of the season. Not because he's particularly our best player, but for the way he adapted so quickly and the levels of consistency he puts in. Has impressed me no end.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've been kind of leaning, for a few weeks now, of sticking my cross in the box for Duffy as BHA player of the season. Not because he's particularly our best player, but for the way he adapted so quickly and the levels of consistency he puts in. Has impressed me no end.

Can't begin to think who I'd vote for. About 5/6 players have put in performances such that they'd walk away with it in another year.

David Stockdale
Bruno
Lewis Dunk
Shane Duffy
Anthony Knockaert
Sam Baldock
Glenn Murray

Can all make a decent claim for it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It's between Cairney and Shelvey IMO.

Knocky comfortably top 5, with Dunk in the top 10 as well.

Also Ritchie, Hourihane, Pontus, Gayle, Mooy, Kodjia

Then your Hoggs, your Jotas, your Hogans, your Forestieris.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's between Cairney and Shelvey IMO.

Knocky comfortably top 5, with Dunk in the top 10 as well.

Also Ritchie, Hourihane, Pontus, Gayle, Mooy, Kodjia

Then your Hoggs, your Jotas, your Hogans, your Forestieris, Clive

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here