Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Good luck on Sunday to any NSC runners who are doing the Sussex Trail Events marathon in Teville Gate Car Park this Sunday. My brother, whose insane idea this was informs me that it's 71 times up and down and the total elevation the runners would do is just short of the height of Ben Nevis. Absolute nutters.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good stuff. (My shoulder is crocked.) Back to parkrun for first time in weeks tomorrow.
Good luck to all the Brighton runners on Sunday. I did about 4 miles on Doris Day along the seafront; it occurred to me that a half marathon in those conditions would be hell. Hope Sunday isn't anything like that.

A thumbs up for Doris Day.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good luck on Sunday to any NSC runners who are doing the Sussex Trail Events marathon in Teville Gate Car Park this Sunday. My brother, whose insane idea this was informs me that it's 71 times up and down and the total elevation the runners would do is just short of the height of Ben Nevis. Absolute nutters.

Yes. Loads of pals doing this so I'll probably pop down to deliver a few words of encouragement.........I was injured when the entries opened (and whilst there may be nutters, there was a WAITING LIST as it was oversubscribed !) so decided not to apply. Thank **ck [emoji23][emoji23]

Hope there is parking nearby [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Would recommend anyone on here interested in proper, well organised old-skool trail running events have a look at Sussex Trail Events series of races, [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION]'s brother and his pals are top, top blokes and put on fabulous events. Only this one is exclusively in a car park [emoji106]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes. Loads of pals doing this so I'll probably pop down to deliver a few words of encouragement.........I was injured when the entries opened (and whilst there may be nutters, there was a WAITING LIST as it was oversubscribed !) so decided not to apply. Thank **ck [emoji23][emoji23]

Would recommend anyone on here interested in proper, well organised old-skool trail running events have a look at Sussex Trail Events series of races, [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION]'s brother and his pals are top, top blokes and put on fabulous events. Only this one is exclusively in a car park [emoji106]

I might well pop over too and see this once in a lifetime event. Jay was saying on FB that they will have someone running alongside the last runner at all times and that just about sums up the whole ethos of what they are about.

They were hugely over-subscribed and they've even got someone from Malta coming over specially for this race!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I might well pop over too and see this once in a lifetime event. Jay was saying on FB that they will have someone running alongside the last runner at all times and that just about sums up the whole ethos of what they are about.

They were hugely over-subscribed and they've even got someone from Malta coming over specially for this race!

Shittiest sweeper job ever !! I've pm'd you my mobile, let me know if you pop down, be good to say hello.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I was interested at first but don't think I could stick it. Fair play to those that do. I'll stick to a couple of the trail ruins this year instead...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Yep doing the Half marathon, second time for brighton and will be wearing an Albion top , want to do a pb just hope the conditions will allow. Good luck to all :ascarf:

Ping the last two-thirds after you get over the hill, it's a good 'un for chasing a pb. Enjoy - look forward to reading how you get on :)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is there anything stopping me from just running the HM without an entry? I mean if i join a big group is anyone going to yank me out?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
your conscience

Really? I suppose if you're using refreshments/facilities and picking up a meddle its a bit off otherwise you are just running along a public road.

Just suggested by a mate whose running it and I have a short run scheduled tomorrow. Wouldn't do it as imagine you might get taken out by a steward.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly

Live nearby so will probably pop over to have a laugh!

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Many thanks - but most of all thanks to you and your daughters for standing around in those Siberian conditions! Are you injured or saving yourself for something more meaty?

Yeah it was really fun this morning, made nicer by the hot chocolate in Coast afterwards.. Yeah I was thinking of running this morning but wasn't feeling it, i'll go out this evening after the football. Just got the 12hr track run beginning of April which is prep for the Grand Union end of May. Need to step it up a bit though as lots of things have been getting in the way lately.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Yeah it was really fun this morning, made nicer by the hot chocolate in Coast afterwards.. Yeah I was thinking of running this morning but wasn't feeling it, i'll go out this evening after the football. Just got the 12hr track run beginning of April which is prep for the Grand Union end of May. Need to step it up a bit though as lots of things have been getting in the way lately.

Now that's what I call meaty!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
1:40 for me at Brighton Half today.

Long way off a PB but I was treating it as a training run for the Marathon in April. No finishers T-shirt this year though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here