Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday drinks thread

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Common or Garden Wolf Blass Cabernet with our Chilli earlier on, Mrs Jakarta only had one glass - I have pretty well had the rest of the bottle so think that may be me done for this evening... :bigwave:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Harveys in the Preston brewery tap
Shame about the music. But the beer is good

No sign of [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Squash (Robinson's Apple & Blackcurrant) here. I should at least try to go a week without a drink.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
True. But with a rich man's tastes and a poor man's pocket.

Then you're like me, but not like [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION]. I do wonder whether he had the foresight to realise that wine prices would inflate wildly before buying all his fancy kit. I am now finally accumulating a small cellar, but because of inflated prices, poor man's pocket, etc, I have to dig around for up-and-coming producers, less-fancied wine regions, etc

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I'm going to try an Austrian Riesling from Sainsbury's Taste The Difference range, and then Bolney Pinot Noir (which has attracted some comment on another thread) tonight.

A tip to those who want to develop an interest in wine: try Sainsbury's TTD range -- they're somewhat more adventurous, and you'll get a diverse range of styles from it, and they tend to be in the 'sweet price spot' for wine, which is broadly in the £7-£15 range. Here, you're getting more spent on the actual liquid that goes in the bottle (which is minimal below the lower price point, and you're paying for rarity and/or novelty above).

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just been over to Tesco for 4 beers @£6.

Will have tomorrow though during the football. So I've just had a latte - really pushing the boat out.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
228943.jpg

chippy

Jan 6, 2017
sagrato chianti reserva here (from hove waitrose on offer at 6.99) the missus is on 'dry january' so all the better for me!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Argyle now.
How does this place survive.
Half a dozen in on a Friday night

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just finished a couple of pints of Langham' s Arapaho, now moving in to the Belgians in the stockpile.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dry January

Attachments

• IMG_5759.JPG
    IMG_5759.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 190

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Now I treated myself to this just before Christmas, a Kilchoman Sauternes Cask single malt. It's a bona ride rarity, I believe it may be sold out, for ever. I bought it with th full intention of drinking it, and that is what I am doing, it is simply sensational.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here