Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Money wise, does he have a big contract?

No-one on here, really knows anything about contracts. Its all guess work. Maybe one for Derek Allan

Steve351

Aug 30, 2012
Durrington
Well said Chicksen exposed all 1st half with KLL nowhere to be seen. Does he ever score any goals?
Sorry but that was a poor night's work from KLL, poor control, poor crossing, lack of marking and less said the better about the shooting. What ever he was told to do in the 1st half it was wrong as it left Chicksen exposed to 2 attacking Hull players as KLL was wandering all over the place, 2nd half he stayed wide which was abit better but then we had the falling over and the ref seemed to just get fed up with it and it was this that led to their goal as he went to ground too easily. We've seen this before when he starts matches so there must be a problem somewhere and OG is surely going to want a more consistant player on the left.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
What few people seem to realise is that opposition players are allowed to play well and sometimes that will result in one of our players not having so much impact on the game.
Lua Lua is well in credit so far this season.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Whether he likes it or not he is currently much better against tired defences. While he can be effective when starting (the Palace and Wolves home matches spring to mind) these games are all too infrequent to warrant him a place in the starting XI. My worry with this though is that he'll become disillusioned and sulky with being used as an impact player and then leave at the end of the season for nothing, he needs a new contract asap. Was he one of the players who had bids turned down for in January? If so, this could possibly suggest the club will be offering a deal in the coming months.

He brings excitement when he comes on as a sub and irrestpective of him sulking or contract issues, it appears that he is best suited to a 30 - 45 minute role which he should recognise. Do you remember the supersub at Liverpool, Fairclough, had all the adulation, scored a lot of goals, but his role was as a sub. Its a squad game now and with three subs it give smore scope to managers.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We played 4231. It got players closer to Ulloa who most would agree has been too isolated in recent weeks. It also got the best out of Jake Forster-Caskey operating in the middle of the three.

It just meant we sacrificed a bit of width and that limited the impact of Lua Lua in wide areas. Certainly in the first half he wasn't playing wide by any stretch.

It wasn't his best game by any means but if you look at the bigger picture the tactics did get the best out of some of our other players.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Seemed to be played much more central, at least 1st half. He may like it there but was less effective. Most of the passes that he got were with his back to goal while well marked. Give him a break. PS. Yes, he did fall over theatrically a few times too many.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He brings excitement when he comes on as a sub and irrestpective of him sulking or contract issues, it appears that he is best suited to a 30 - 45 minute role which he should recognise. Do you remember the supersub at Liverpool, Fairclough, had all the adulation, scored a lot of goals, but his role was as a sub. Its a squad game now and with three subs it give smore scope to managers.

He was before my time but I can see comparisons between them. Unfortunately Kaz doesn't always appear to have the best of attitudes.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Played out of position, he's nowhere near as effective playing in a central role. Give him a break - he's been fantastic for us most of the season, yet everyone jumps on his back as soon as he has a poor game. He wasn't the only one. Chicksen and JFC were also distinctly average. And he wasn't anywhere near as bad as Andrews. Or Obika!

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
This.
He does not have the stamina, focus or ability to play a 90 minute match and remain effective. His immaturity as a player comes through as he gets more tired and that's a shame. You can see him getting more and more frustrated as the game goes on. It's as if he knows he's not as good when he starts. The confidence isn't there.

I think he'll always be an impact player. And, to be honest, what an impact player he is. He terrifies defences when he comes on at 60 mins. I'd always want him in the squad for sure, just not starting.

I agree with this.

We know he hates being called an impact player, and hates sitting on the bench.. but maybe that winds him up.. and maybe thats a good thing! By the time he comes on he's been getting more and more frustrated and then he comes on like a tornado! and maybe he burns up his energy quickly which is why he looked weaker in the second half. It looked like he knew he couldnt beat the defenders so kept falling over instead.

Love him as an impact player.. maybe its good he hates to be one!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We played 4231. It got players closer to Ulloa who most would agree has been too isolated in recent weeks. It also got the best out of Jake Forster-Caskey operating in the middle of the three.

It just meant we sacrificed a bit of width and that limited the impact of Lua Lua in wide areas. Certainly in the first half he wasn't playing wide by any stretch.

It wasn't his best game by any means but if you look at the bigger picture the tactics did get the best out of some of our other players.

Very shrewd assessment there Walt, but I think his talents would have served us better had he not started last night (ie terrifying pace as an 'impact sub' against a tiring defence; & a vital outlet for us when we're under constant pressure). Somewhat understandably he left young Chicksen to cope with 2 on 1's for much of the game - although I reckon the kid did brilliantly considering the circumstances.

Thankfully I don't have the responsibility (or talent & hard-fought experience) of picking a side to take on a Prem team, but it doesn't stop me noticing the limitations of a player when he's picked to play an unfamiliar role which negates his real talents. Oh, and it's high time that Kaz stops throwing himself on the deck at any given opportunity, otherwise he'll increasingly be ignored by referees who have his number (like the official(s) last night).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On the last one of these threads I said that while it should be up to Oscar we had the players to mix it about. What last night showed was that because KLL has been used as a supersub recently he doesn't quite have 90 minute fitness any more. Yes he was out of position but he was also throwing himself to the ground because he was basically knackered. So my slightly revised position is that, if we are going to mix it up, the player's fitness levels have to be consistant. Else for me he should be used as an impact player.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

I do remember David Fairclough and also the Albion attempting to sign him but being thwarted by his £800 per week wage demands .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To add to which it is also still true that if we bung him on for the last 20 - 30 mins of every game out wide it's going to make us very predictable to plan against.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Impact player for me, in the words of Tommy Elphick "like a speed boat without a driver".

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What few people seem to realise is that opposition players are allowed to play well and sometimes that will result in one of our players not having so much impact on the game.
Lua Lua is well in credit so far this season.

I agree and Lua Lua is way in credit still, but at least two Hull breaks (including the goal) came from him going down far, far, FAR too easily. Yes, he was tired, and yes there was contact, but he should know better...

Steve351

Aug 30, 2012
Durrington
You can not compare Kas with Fairclough he scored game winning goals when he came on. Kas has not scored this season in the league.
He was before my time but I can see comparisons between them. Unfortunately Kaz doesn't always appear to have the best of attitudes.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
You can not compare Kas with Fairclough he scored game winning goals when he came on. Kas has not scored this season in the league.

I mean in the sense they can/could change a game when they come/came on. An assist can be just as good as a goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here