Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Card - We need your help for our Fans United day

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I support you 100% in your struggle, I am willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with my fellow football fans no matter what colour they are wearing.
Millionaire foreign owners need to know they cannot use our football clubs that are steeped in history as a plaything.
If you could just get me a ticket for Saturday, I'll be right there with you protesting like never before :lolol:

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Unfortunately like many I cant get a ticket for the game, but ill be supporting us and the protests in spirit while trying to watch a dodgy stream, good luck with your campaign just dont throw things on the pitch while were attacking, The opposite applies for the final game against Burnley please try and disrupt all their attacks and only tear down the goalposts if they are out of sight and racking up a cricket score ;)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I don't understand why you didn't give us 10k tickets and make it a big day for both...surely this would have been a great idea from your chairman ?

Their chairman doesn't do 'great ideas', he generally does useless ones - and this is the point of the exercise.

As I understand it, it would've meant a police bill Charlton weren't prepared to pay. Yes, I know about the extra revenue from tickets, but this is the mind of Roland Duchâtalet we're talking about here.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Their chairman doesn't do 'great ideas', he generally does useless ones - and this is the point of the exercise.

As I understand it, it would've meant a police bill Charlton weren't prepared to pay. Yes, I know about the extra revenue from tickets, but this is the mind of Roland Duchâtalet we're talking about here.
Money talks for these types as it's money for old rope :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As long as the game is allowed to be played without incident, I'm happy to support you

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’m sorry about my lack of fraternal spirit, but Charlton fans are threatening to disrupt an unthinkably crucial game for our club. Why would I want to connive in that?

Yup, nailed it , I can't believe or understand why any Albion fans aren't concentrating 100% on supporting OUR team and ensuring we get the 3 points

But it was OK for us to cause a game to be abandoned even though that was unthinkably crucial for York in a very similar way, as well as the fact it would have taken their fans five hours to get to Brighton for 15 minutes of football?

charltoncard

Apr 5, 2016
We fully understand people with have different opinions on what we are doing and we respect that.

Thanks you for the offers of support and we look forward to seeing you on the march.

Our owner turned up at The Valley today and when some fans went down to talk to him he sneaked out of the back of the away end, if you see him on saturday sneaking out the same way please do let us know. It would be his first game this season and considering we all think he must be a secret Palace fan choosing a route through you lot may not be his best decision.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
If we win or not on Saturday, if we get promoted or not, we will have the Albion to support next year. There was a time in recent memory when we couldn't be confident of that. During that time, some fans of other clubs put our needs before their own.

No Brighton fan is going to support Charlton after kick-off on Saturday. As the result is irrelevant to them and they dislike the owners, I suspect that some Charlton fans also won't, especially if they feel kinship with a group of friends who have shown their solidarity, and for whom the result does matter.

Very much this, some people have a short memory

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We fully understand people with have different opinions on what we are doing and we respect that.

Thanks you for the offers of support and we look forward to seeing you on the march.

Our owner turned up at The Valley today and when some fans went down to talk to him he sneaked out of the back of the away end, if you see him on saturday sneaking out the same way please do let us know. It would be his first game this season and considering we all think he must be a secret Palace fan choosing a route through you lot may not be his best decision.

I can't make it as other end of country but was there in '97 and will never forgot the support you gave then. Listened to the Albion special podcast of your story, some parallels there so fully support what trying to do and signed petition some time ago. You know you have the backing of majority of Albion fans of a certain age or older, hope the rest do a bit of history reading and get behind likewise. Will keep watching your campaign and support where i can. Seems this guy really is out to be part of the 'name five famous Belgians, special addition: dickheads' question that comes up in local pub quizzes.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Build a bonfire, build a bonfire
Put the Belgian on the top
Put Katrien in the middle
And we'll burn the f*cking lot

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
But it was OK for us to cause a game to be abandoned even though that was unthinkably crucial for York in a very similar way, as well as the fact it would have taken their fans five hours to get to Brighton for 15 minutes of football?

No, it wasn't okay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here