Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you in favour of giving Coventry a bigger than 15% allocation?

Should we give Coventry a bigger allocation?

• Total voters

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Unfortunately a large % of our fans don't value the cup and we won't be close to selling out
Give them full whack allocation as Palace should've been given too
The more the merrier

Unfortunately a large % of our fans don't value the cup and we won't be close to selling out
Give them full whack allocation as Palace should've been given too
The more the merrier

They already have the full whack. The debate here is about given them a bit more than the full whack.

FWIW I think the cup is valued and will come close to selling out, so long as the club don’t stall for too long releasing rhe upper tiers.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Give them their day out! The Coventry fans have had a wretched time over the last few years which is in stark contrast to ourselves so if they are prepared to travel down from the Midlands who are we to deny them the experience the thrill of going to a premier league team in the 5th round of the FA Cup. They haven't had too many games recently to wet their appetite so anyone who wants to go should be allowed to buy a ticket. This is what the FA Cup is about for fans of teams in the lower leagues.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Do what other clubs do, hold back a block, if it looks like we arent going to need it nearer the day, then release it to Coventry.

On the subject of segregation, these same people that the club/law? Feels we should be kept apart from are openly invited to mingle with home fans on the concourses after the game, so is segregation really necessary at all?

I understand the need for certain games, but home and sway fans have mixed after games at the Amex since it opened with relatively little problem, why should half time or during the game be any different?

Do what other clubs do, hold back a block, if it looks like we arent going to need it nearer the day, then release it to Coventry.

On the subject of segregation, these same people that the club/law? Feels we should be kept apart from are openly invited to mingle with home fans on the concourses after the game, so is segregation really necessary at all?

I understand the need for certain games, but home and sway fans have mixed after games at the Amex since it opened with relatively little problem, why should half time or during the game be any different?

Fulham have made this work well

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be honest, I'd rather the club focused on getting the upper tiers open so those who are holding back for these seats can get them organised.

The sooner this is done, the less STHs in the lower stands will find 'their seat' has been sold.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be honest, I'd rather the club focused on getting the upper tiers open so those who are holding back for these seats can get them organised.

The sooner this is done, the less STHs in the lower stands will find 'their seat' has been sold.

As I've posted before, it's quite possible that the club's approach to ticketing for this is stifling demand rather than stimulating it.

I thought that at £18 adults / £6 kids, including travel, for a highly winnable 5th Round tie at 3pm on a Saturday, there would be enough demand to shift c25,000 tickets to Albion fans. The pace of early sales suggest that I'm wrong though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No ta...i think Coventry's current allocation is going to make a fair bit of noise which will already make it a good atmosphere ..its up to us lot to buy more tickets and shout a lot
This!
Finished your painting yet?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Give them 10,000 tickets. Why not? There were over 15,000 empty seats against Palace.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Given Conventry's current plight/owners, they are a group of fans we can relate to and we should accommodate as many as want to come.

It will make for a great atmosphere and hopefully an excellent cup tie!

As I've posted before, it's quite possible that the club's approach to ticketing for this is stifling demand rather than stimulating it.

I thought that at £18 adults / £6 kids, including travel, for a highly winnable 5th Round tie at 3pm on a Saturday, there would be enough demand to shift c25,000 tickets to Albion fans. The pace of early sales suggest that I'm wrong though.

Are you wrong though? There are just over 6000 left from what went on sale. I’m not sure what the actual numbers are of the ESL, WSL and north are but if it was 12k, that’s 3k a day sold. If we kept that rate up all will be gone in less than a week.

Adding to that, I missed it went on sale and I’m always online! A lot will find out at today’s game it’s on sale and that it’s a 3pm Saturdy kick off.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given Conventry's current plight/owners, they are a group of fans we can relate to and we should accommodate as many as want to come.

It will make for a great atmosphere and hopefully an excellent cup tie!

Ish. Accommodate as many as want to come subject to not turning away Albion fans who want to come.

Albion fans have priority at the Amex, always.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
There are quite a few differences with the Palace game:
  • Lower price
  • Saturday 3 o'clock game
  • Later round in the cup - more of a prize for the winner
  • People can buy tickets for other people
  • Atmosphere not expected to be so toxic*
  • Sold-out 15% away allocation
  • Team need our support more than ever

Add to that there being absolutely no chance to drop any points in the league, it's probably going to be a much more enjoyable experience than some league matches this season. I can't see why anyone who loves the club wouldn't want to go.

*It wasn't toxic at the Palace cup game at all, it was great fun, but some people were worried about it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, my thoughts entirely. I am surprised that take-up has been rather sluggish, given that STHs are usually the most loyal fans, though it could of course pick up nearer the time. It is hard to gauge how many are just holding back in the hope that the upper tiers will open, but of course the longer the stand-off goes on, the less likely this will happen as the club assume their stance is correct, which, lets face it, it could well be. Tough one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you wrong though? There are just over 6000 left from what went on sale. I’m not sure what the actual numbers are of the ESL, WSL and north are but if it was 12k, that’s 3k a day sold. If we kept that rate up all will be gone in less than a week.

Adding to that, I missed it went on sale and I’m always online! A lot will find out at today’s game it’s on sale and that it’s a 3pm Saturdy kick off.

I don't know. There are a number of factors which may have suppressed sales...

1. People not knowing it was on sale. Many of the 3,200 or so who went to Southampton may have missed it for example - I did.
2. The STH + 3 thing which is clunky, only works in certain circumstances, and Albion's own ticketing team on the phone don't seem to know about. Some may be waiting for later ticketing tiers to open so they can buy the tickets they need even though they could get them now.
3. Upper tier people waiting for upper tier seats.

There are quite a few differences with the Palace game:
  • Lower price
  • Saturday 3 o'clock game
  • Later round in the cup - more of a prize for the winner
  • People can buy tickets for other people
  • Atmosphere not expected to be so toxic*
  • Sold-out 15% away allocation
  • Team need our support more than ever

Add to that there being absolutely no chance to drop any points in the league, it's probably going to be a much more enjoyable experience than some league matches this season. I can't see why anyone who loves the club wouldn't want to go.

*It wasn't toxic at the Palace cup game at all, it was great fun, but some people were worried about it.

And of course, it’s not on the telly (although that is kinda covered by the statement it’s a Saturday 3pm game)

And, at this moment in time, there isn’t a train strike

I don't know. There are a number of factors which may have suppressed sales...

1. People not knowing it was on sale. Many of the 3,200 or so who went to Southampton may have missed it for example - I did.
2. The STH + 3 thing which is clunky, only works in certain circumstances, and Albion's own ticketing team on the phone don't seem to know about. Some may be waiting for later ticketing tiers to open so they can buy the tickets they need even though they could get them now.
3. Upper tier people waiting for upper tier seats.

Ha, well that underscores i missed it then as I thought it went on sale on Thursday. Yes, I was one of the 3200.

I would have thought most regular Albion fans would want to go to this game. OK its not a PL game and you'd have to pay although reasonably priced. There is a good chance of us winning, it's 3pm Saturday, no travel problems other than normal, I doubt we'll play loads of reserves, no problem away fans and likely to be Locardia's first home game and probably Ulloa's first home start this time round.

What's not to like?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't quite understand this obsession with having a full ground that seems to be pursued with every home game!!! Answered no as I don't want 8,000 odd coventry fans cheering their team into the quarter finals.

That said I think the approach of the club is quite backward. We're WSU STHs but can't get our tickets. Took the decision to get WSL near the back as I didn't want to wait and find the buggers don't open up the upper tier and then get stuck with seats pitch side. There must be enough money to cover the cost of opening up the whole ground from day one and more likely that they would have sold a lot more a lot quicker. Probably reflects the clubs attitude to the competition.

As for the Albion fans, fed up with the amount of whinging about tickets and then when there is a deal like this, a slow take up. Will be interesting to see what the take up is on Monday when the Bronze bods can get their mitts on some.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would have thought most regular Albion fans would want to go to this game. OK its not a PL game and you'd have to pay although reasonably priced. There is a good chance of us winning, it's 3pm Saturday, no travel problems other than normal, I doubt we'll play loads of reserves, no problem away fans and likely to be Locardia's first home game and probably Ulloa's first home start this time round.

What's not to like?

There could also be a lot of demand from "irregular" Albion fans who don't get to the Amex very often but have a chance to do so at a bargain price. For those with limited funds, and/or those with kids who might not completely "get it" yet, they get to go without having to splash a lot of cash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here