Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catching Hull

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Get another decent forward and I'll believe we can possibly go all the way and challenge for the top two. Get some has been or lower league gamble, or nobody at all and I'd say we'll be lucky to stay in the playoffs.

Although if we get Glenn Murray on a 93 day loan and I will also believe. Keep persevering with Hemed and we are fooked IMO.

Let's hope we can get Wilson fit, he looks seriously unfit at he moment.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Get another decent forward and I'll believe we can possibly go all the way and challenge for the top two. Get some has been or lower league gamble, or nobody at all and I'd say we'll be lucky to stay in the playoffs.

Although if we get Glenn Murray on a 93 day loan and I will also believe. Keep persevering with Hemed and we are fooked IMO.

Let's hope we can get Wilson fit, he looks seriously unfit at he moment.

I think we have two wingers who will be too much for any defence in this league and they will create chances for whoever is in the middle. I think we have a good chance as is, great chance with a new high quality forward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we have two wingers who will be too much for any defence in this league and they will create chances for whoever is in the middle. I think we have a good chance as is, great chance with a new high quality forward.

I have to agree to a degree, Knocky's trickery and balls in for both goals were exactly what we have been missing in most of the Amex years. I can see Bobby and Wilson taking full advantage, but I don't even see Hemed getting there in time he is so slow, so we desperately need cover for Bobby and Wilson. One is one tackle away from being an old crock, the other looks a bit pasty and unfit although is obviously quality. What do we do if those two are out for a few games???

Which is why I say that with a quality forward in I will believe anything is possible.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I have to agree to a degree, Knocky's trickery and balls in for both goals were exactly what we have been missing in all the Amex years. I can see Bobby and Wilson taking full advantage, but I don't even see Hemed getting there in time he is so slow, so we desperately need cover for Bobby and Wilson. One is one tackle away from being an old crock, the other looks a bit pasty and unfit although is obviously quality. What do we do if those two are out for a few games???

Which is why I say that with a quality forward in I will believe anything is possible.
I agree with that. We have to use Hemed / Bobby to hold the ball up - we had no possession after they went off. Then we need Wilson / Bladock to be scoring regularly, along with the midfield Crofts/ Kayal / Stephens / the other winger from the one putting the ball in the box - only if loads chop in with goals we will do well

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I sometimes wonder if some of you are new to football. If we don't catch them, it's because we're not good enough, not because the gap is at all big. A 6 point gap isn't big.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just been looking at forthcoming fixtures. Wouldn't fancy Burnley's next 3

Derby h
Wednesday :lolol: a
Hull h

theboybilly

Hull's away run-in is probably the most difficult of all the chasing pack. Their fan's were on Bruce's back until they got a 'by' against Charlton last week. A couple of dodgy results could see the doubts creep in again. The pressure is on them to get back to the PL before the parachute payments end.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Hull's away run-in is probably the most difficult of all the chasing pack. Their fan's were on Bruce's back until they got a 'by' against Charlton last week. A couple of dodgy results could see the doubts creep in again. The pressure is on them to get back to the PL before the parachute payments end.

Isn't that two years away ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know a draw tonight is the best result, but I can't help but hope Burnley beat Derby to reinforce the Derby meltdown.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Funny how the fixtures work out - Hull have 7 teams from the top half to play in their next 8 fixtures, while Middlesboro play only 1 team from the top half in their next 10...

Would expect 'Boro to rack up a few points there, but having said that many of the teams they are playing will be desperate for points for their own reasons.

Going to be interesting and nowhere near a forgone conclusion that some believed only a couple of weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here