Has Sidwell been offered a contract?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Was bored so had a look at that.

Will Hoskins has been released by Exeter. He has had a terrible 5 years.

I was in the same boat so flicked through - such a shame for the guy as he seemed to be half decent and a nice lad

Guess the skin irritation from collars caught up with him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A lot of money for a back-up player.

He will be a squad player and CH will rotate the squad. It is not ideal to have Kayal and Stephens playing every game, even if they are both here next season. Take into account injuries and suspension and the fact that he can cover two players and I think you'll find he'll get plenty of game time

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sidwell has earned his money in football by now, I think he wants to stay here. We'll still pay him what most of us would consider a small fortune probably around 10-20k a week, somewhere between half a millon and mill, not bad for a footballing geriatric. From what I have heard about him he loves it here and would relish the opportunity to help take us up.

He was clearly ring rusty when he joined but since gaining match fitness has really played well. I hope we have got a deal sorted out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We haven't been told who's being released or retained yet, so I doubt the club will announce new signings just yet.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sidwell was on circa £20k a week at Stoke. Will likely get £12k max here.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Football contracts usually run until 30 June. Nothing likely to be announced before then, except for players already released or free agents.

I think you have to give a month's notice, so the retained list is normally released before 30th May.

In previous seasons Albion announced their retained list, as with most other clubs, days after the end of their season.
I think the Football League have to be informed by Friday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sidwell was on circa £20k a week at Stoke. Will likely get £12k max here.

Which will make him a bargain when compared to CMS and COG. He'll probably score more goals than both of them put together as well.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
He will be a squad player and CH will rotate the squad. It is not ideal to have Kayal and Stephens playing every game, even if they are both here next season. Take into account injuries and suspension and the fact that he can cover two players and I think you'll find he'll get plenty of game time

...and we can by no means be sure that Stephnes and Kayal will be here next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here