Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Ban Fans from Transfer Deadline Day

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton

When I saw the title of this thread I was so, so pleased we were going to be spared the vision of ugly Stoke inbreds making twats of themselves behind a Sky News reporter. Then I opened the thread and saw this post and genuinely sat here on my own pissing myself laughing.

Quality.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Does even having them at the grounds add anything beyond pure spectacle? They rarely seem to have any interviews with people, and I can't imagine they collect much extra data by actually being there.

This. It's just modern TV nonsense that we have come to expect without question, like having a weather forecaster stood outside.

This. It's just modern TV nonsense that we have come to expect without question, like having a weather forecaster stood outside.

This.

Carol Kirkwood needs to be inside wearing a dress that shows of the enormity of her bangers, not outside wrapped up with nothing to see.

No they didn't.

Posted by one of your own on HOL Online the next day.

It got removed after pleas to delete it by other posters.

Quote Palace15eagle at 02 Sep 2014 7.41am
Yeah I was there at that point, on hearing the bangs and seeing the flares, I thought it was Millwall fans coming to cause trouble as a couple of PCSO's had come to the training ground about an hour and a half before the incident basically saying that they had a tip off that someone was gonna come down and cause trouble. So on hearing the smoke bombs/flares get let off, I think everyone assumed it was Millwall fans coming to get us, so Mark Ritson shouted "everyone get out of here now" and that sparked panic amongst most of the people (mainly kids) who were already there as they flees to safety. I dived in a bush, and thought I was alone, but a couple of minutes later realised a couple of the kids must have followed me in. Someone then phoned the police, but shortly after the phone call ended the mob started to sing Palace songs so I realised that maybe this wasn't Millwall after all. The HF quickly vanished when the blue lights appeared!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Never seen the appeal of Deadline Day tbh...if anything exciting ever really happened it would be worth tuning in, but why waste a whole evening watching reporters standing around in the street with a bunch of gurning plebs saying there is nothing to report on, or there MAY be some news later? So sad that people call this "entertainment" & get so excited by it. In the words of Why Don't You - "turn your telly off & do something less boring instead".

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
To be honest, where do you go from dildo in the ear and naked blow up doll? The bar was set too high and Sky knew that, hence the relocation indoors.

Clever bunch that lot.

SAC

May 21, 2014
This.

Carol Kirkwood needs to be inside wearing a dress that shows of the enormity of her bangers, not outside wrapped up with nothing to see.

Carol Kirkwood needs to be outside, on a rather cold day, wearing a thin dress. Fnarr fnarr

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Never seen the appeal of Deadline Day tbh...if anything exciting ever really happened it would be worth tuning in, but why waste a whole evening watching reporters standing around in the street with a bunch of gurning plebs saying there is nothing to report on, or there MAY be some news later? So sad that people call this "entertainment" & get so excited by it. In the words of Why Don't You - "turn your telly off & do something less boring instead".

Back to a 70's style teleprinter flashing up the news on screen as the deals are confirmed. More than sufficient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here