Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - West Brom (a)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Ryan has a thankless task at the moment, what with the amount of static set piece defending and people not even bothering to watch the ball and track the set piece taker. Bruno seems more content to have a WWE match with the man he is marking, Duffy's aerial ability has gone backwards massively in recent weeks and his passing is nigh on atrocious.

Whilst I don't disagree about Duffy, Dunk has got away with it on this thread. He ball watches for the 1st goal and Bong is likewise at fault for the 2nd. I was massively critical of Ryan at the start but I'd agree he's not to blame for yesterday's debacle.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Whilst I don't disagree about Duffy, Dunk has got away with it on this thread. He ball watches for the 1st goal and Bong is likewise at fault for the 2nd. I was massively critical of Ryan at the start but I'd agree he's not to blame for yesterday's debacle.

Dunk always gets away with it.
Fans seem to ignore him charging around the penalty area like a headless chicken. Failing to pick up markers and regularly getting caught out of position. Both centre backs were a shambles yesterday but Duffy seems the target for all the flak.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Mirror Ratings

WBA: Foster 7, Dawson 8 (Nyom 81, 6), Hegazi 7, Evans 8 (McAuley 84, 6), Gibbs 7, Phillips 7, Barry 8, Krychowiak 7, Brunt 7, Rondon 7, MOTM Rodriguez 8 (Livermore 79, 6)

Brighton: Ryan 6, Bruno 6, Duffy 6, Dunk 6, Bong 6, Stephens 8, Propper 6 (Kayal 76, 6), Knockaert 6, Gross 6 (Baldock 78, 6), Izquierdo 4 (March 45,6), Murray 6
Did The Mirror actually have somebody at The Hawthorns yesterday? It looks like they've used a Bingo Machine to select the numbers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Fans seem to ignore him charging around the penalty area like a headless chicken. Failing to pick up markers and regularly getting caught out of position. Both centre backs were a shambles yesterday but Duffy seems the target for all the flak.
Not "one of our own

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Very telling that the team on the pitch at the end was our Championship side (exc. Ryan). Says it all really.

Defending corners and set pieces generally awful. But our ability to capitalise on our corners and free kicks is equally poor. Whilst we might not have Premiership quality -we can at least try to beat the first man, try to be inventive and imaginative in our set pieces. Every one goes to waste and given the paucity of goals from open play, this is an area that is of great concern.

The players looked tired yesterday and if we'd been up against a Huddersfield (in our faces type play), we'd have lost more heavily.

Where did it start to go wrong? In my mind, 5pm Sat 25 November. The players gave 110% against Manchester United and came off the pitch looking physically and mentally shattered. 72 hours later and the team faced Crystal Palace and looked jaded, Liverpool 4 days later and we all know what happened.

We can stay up - the next 6 weeks are key. It needs some good decision making, some attacking substitutions and some good freshening up of the team selection.

I'd play 5-3-2 but then I'm not the Manager and none of us have the faintest idea what the real reasons are behind any matchday team selection.

Still .....Go Team Hughton :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Duffy was perhaps more obvious in his failings ‘live’ because his distribution was so shockingly bad on several occasions. Agree though - watching some of it back, Dunk went completely AWOL for the first goal (and it’s not the first time).

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Very telling that the team on the pitch at the end was our Championship side (exc. Ryan). Says it all really.

Defending corners and set pieces generally awful. But our ability to capitalise on our corners and free kicks is equally poor. Whilst we might not have Premiership quality -we can at least try to beat the first man, try to be inventive and imaginative in our set pieces. Every one goes to waste and given the paucity of goals from open play, this is an area that is of great concern.

The players looked tired yesterday and if we'd been up against a Huddersfield (in our faces type play), we'd have lost more heavily.

Where did it start to go wrong? In my mind, 5pm Sat 25 November. The players gave 110% against Manchester United and came off the pitch looking physically and mentally shattered. 72 hours later and the team faced Crystal Palace and looked jaded, Liverpool 4 days later and we all know what happened.

We can stay up - the next 6 weeks are key. It needs some good decision making, some attacking substitutions and some good freshening up of the team selection.

I'd play 5-3-2 but then I'm not the Manager and none of us have the faintest idea what the real reasons are behind any matchday team selection.

Interesting, I thought they played well at Man Utd, but stillmissed some critical opportunities, it was as if they had waited for that match and it was the peak of their season, Mourinho's comment about us didn't help.

I would also like to point out that the attitude that cost us the Championship title is creeping in to the team, who is the leader in the team, who is responsible in the box and who is our stand up player, we don't have a leader.

I should also point out that CH's game plan against Bournemouth was perfect, but he was let down by the players, yesterday he got it wrong and is getting it wrong more and more which is a concern to. We have the players to keep us up, but teams now know how we play, so come up with something different Chris, its not rocket science!!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Including our manager? Yesterday's was baffling.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

teams are now doing to Dunk what they used to do to El Abd - let him carry the ball into the opposing half, lose it and than get stranded in the ensuing counter attack, finding himself lost on the touchline chasing shadows. He needs a rest but..........

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

When you’re constantly having to cover for your centre half partner, it makes your job twice as difficult. Watch them both closely... Duffy NEVER covers for Dunk but the reverse is true all the time, every game because Duffy is a front foot statistics defender who is lost when he can’t physically and aerially dominate opposition strikers. I don’t want Duffy replaced at the moment because he’s not one of our own, I want him replaced in the side because on current form he simply doesn’t deserve to be there. In fact, the favouritism shown towards him by Hughton in spite of his regular poor performances this season suggests it’s Duffy who’s been getting away with it for far too long now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here