Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

warren aspinall says murray deal close

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Any noises re new players today? If we aren't getting Murray and looks like no striker today, that is seriously poor.

It is poor but no doubt the club have been trying hard to sign a striker. Maybe we just don't have the money to compete when it comes to this area of the pitch.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any noises re new players today? If we aren't getting Murray and looks like no striker today, that is seriously poor.

I know of nothing other than the club still wanting a striker.

If anything does happen, I'll suspect I'll only find out a few minutes ahead of everyone else and only then if I happen to spot the email, which often I don't.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
At last, clarity on the matter!

For what it's worth, I have more sympathy with the view put forward by Gus and his close colleagues. He wanted Glenn to stay, doubt he begged him to though, and left the club to do a deal. Which they couldn't reach an agreement on one due to the budgetary structures

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just don't see why Bournemouth would loan Murray out to anyone.

They are only a few points outside the relegation zone and Newcastle seem to be going spending crazy - Shelvey and Townsend already in and reports of a £20m+ offer for Berahino.

Why would you take any risk at all of leaving yourself short of players, particularly given the injuries Bournemouth have already had? For the sake of a few quid, surely you'd keep hold of all your player for the remainder of this season and then re-assess in the Summer.

Ahh... but...

Because of the 2-club FIFA ruling, Murray can ONLY sign for a third club (us) on an 'emergency loan' (max 93 days), which means Bournemouth can retain a recall option.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bmuff after Jermain Defoe according to The Mirror :moo:

Unless they offered an absolutely INSANE amount of money, there would surely be NO chance of Sunderland selling their only scorer to a direct rival.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Murray not happening on the basis that Eddie Howe is a greasy smug **** who won't admit he made a 4 million pound mistake on a player not suited to Bournemouth's style at all.

That's a bit harsh. Prospect of spending time at the Cottage giving you the yips? ???:lolol:

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
So, will Murray be in tomorrow's 25 man squad ? ???

Don't keep seeing this 25 man squad item as so important. Bmth have only used 26 players for the entire season and 2 of those have gone out on loan today leaving 24 players - more than 2 entire teams. So yes Murray will be in the squad tomorrow, but it means nothing due to the numbers allowed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here