Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

warren aspinall says murray deal close

D

Deleted member 2719

I think Murray's £3.25 million replacement who is now plying his trade in League 2 is the one who shafted Uncle Tony for a few quid.
I thought CMS was 2.5 million, he never could have played top championship football he had zero control and speed wasn't enough to get him out of trouble in the 2nd tier. I agree he was awful value for money, but he was likeable.
Murray is different gravy to CMS but going to Palarse for a few quid more,doesn't endear you to the club you supposedly wanted to stay at. I don't respect him.

To conclude Murray tried to shaft TB and CMS did shaft him and from all angles.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Not read this whole thread so sorry if fixtures. Murray deal was almost done 2 days before Hyppia joined. Hyppia scuppered it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought CMS was 2.5 million, he never could have played top championship football he had zero control and speed wasn't enough to get him out of trouble in the 2nd tier. I agree he was awful value for money, but he was likeable.
Murray is different gravy to CMS but going to Palarse for a few quid more,doesn't endear you to the club you supposedly wanted to stay at. I don't respect him.

To conclude Murray tried to shaft TB and CMS did shaft him and from all angles.

CMS was £2.5 million rising to £3.25 million with add-ons. Add on his wages and there's little change from £6 million for the 21 league goals he scored in his four years at the club.

I don't begrudge him a penny, no one forced the club to pay the money.

As for Murray, the club could have offered him a better contract, they chose not to. It was evident they wanted a traditional centre forward in the loan players signed (Painter, Vokes etc.) and there were attempts to bring Murray back on a few occasions.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This is on of those great sagas we will never likely get to the bottom of.

People I know who knew Poyet and his team well say that Gus and Glenn had a challenging but respectful relationship. That Gus wanted Glenn to stay but the club had a wage budget and transfer budget that they wouldn't deviate from and that the decision not to make him the suitable offer was not that of the manager. They also point to an interview early in our second season at the Amex where Gus says he persuaded the club to change that budgetary policy

Then there are those who are close to some of the board / read the argus who say that Gus didn't rate Glenn and the decision not to offer him sufficient to stay was entirely gus's alone

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I have no idea either way but a mate.i spoke to who.was an associate of steve parrish at the.time suggested the difference between our offer and palaces was around 500 quid a week. He, like everyone else with sources had no reason to lie about it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well a basic of 500 a week when taking into account bonuses leads to c30k per year so whilst in football terms quite small, in real terms still quite large.

Don't forget also that supposedly Millwall and other champ clubs including Southampton were allegedly part of the great auction too

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Well a basic of 500 a week when taking into account bonuses leads to c30k per year so whilst in football terms quite small, in real terms still quite large.

Don't forget also that supposedly Millwall and other champ clubs including Southampton were allegedly part of the great auction too

Still quite large, but a very different ballpark figure to the 2k a week difference mentioned on here. I would guess somewhere in between lies the truth

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is on of those great sagas we will never likely get to the bottom of.

People I know who knew Poyet and his team well say that Gus and Glenn had a challenging but respectful relationship. That Gus wanted Glenn to stay but the club had a wage budget and transfer budget that they wouldn't deviate from and that the decision not to make him the suitable offer was not that of the manager. They also point to an interview early in our second season at the Amex where Gus says he persuaded the club to change that budgetary policy

Then there are those who are close to some of the board / read the argus who say that Gus didn't rate Glenn and the decision not to offer him sufficient to stay was entirely gus's alone

At last, clarity on the matter!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just don't see why Bournemouth would loan Murray out to anyone.

They are only a few points outside the relegation zone and Newcastle seem to be going spending crazy - Shelvey and Townsend already in and reports of a £20m+ offer for Berahino.

Why would you take any risk at all of leaving yourself short of players, particularly given the injuries Bournemouth have already had? For the sake of a few quid, surely you'd keep hold of all your player for the remainder of this season and then re-assess in the Summer.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I just don't see why Bournemouth would loan Murray out to anyone.

They are only a few points outside the relegation zone and Newcastle seem to be going spending crazy - Shelvey and Townsend already in and reports of a £20m+ offer for Berahino.

Why would you take any risk at all of leaving yourself short of players, particularly given the injuries Bournemouth have already had? For the sake of a few quid, surely you'd keep hold of all your player for the remainder of this season and then re-assess in the Summer.

Exactly. It makes absolutely no sense unless they specifically bring in a player who would relegate Murray out of their 25 man squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here