Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is my heritage stone?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
What happened to all those that were laid outside the West stand entrance?

They've GONE, replaced by some shoddy black tarmacadam.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
What happened to all those that were laid outside the West stand entrance?

They've GONE, replaced by some shoddy black tarmacadam.

I was given one of those as a birthday present and so will go and have a look on the 19th. If it's gone I will seek compensation, but to be honest they were very poorly executed; the writing was barely decipherable...

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
It was widely publicised years ago that the stones were being replaced with the wall as the stones didn't work out. I don't think you'll get compensation

Amazing it took about 4 years to clear out the faded originals. Some of the external West area is looking a bit tired and dirty so glad they are sorting this, the new memory wall is great (bar one typo, doh!)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They are on the wall opposite the club shop and look much better there.

Are they the same ones? There were already plaques on that wall last season...

Yep, they were replaced years ago.

So no, they're not the same ones. They were replaced by ones you can actually read. The wording is the same as the originals so, as I said, there were two versions in existence for a couple of years at least.

Mine is off to the left somewhere, so no "pride of place" for the originals placed on behalf of contributors to the Alive & Kicking Appeal.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
So no, they're not the same ones. They were replaced by ones you can actually read. The wording is the same as the originals so, as I said, there were two versions in existence for a couple of years at least.

Sorry, yes indeed you are correct. I meant they are the same as in the same wording but certainly not the same actual stones - the originals were there at the end of last season.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Mine is off to the left somewhere, so no "pride of place" for the originals placed on behalf of contributors to the Alive & Kicking Appeal.

There doesn't need to be a pride of place for those who contributed. The difference is that A&K contributors got their stone free of charge, whereas others have had to pay for it.
Did you contribute to help the club out when it was needed? You helped save the club. Imo, the only people who needed recognition are the Falmer for All committee and the people who stepped up for the Seagulls Party candidates. The rest just did their bit, of which there were many.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I bought a stone in memory of my late Father who introduced me to the Albion from a very young age. We went together to nearly all the Goldstone matches for many seasons whilst I was growing up. I still well up when I see the memorial stone and I really don't mind it being on the wall and to be fair I would pay a few £s each year to maintain the upkeep of the stone/wall.

Seagulls forever....

TNBA

TTF

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There doesn't need to be a pride of place for those who contributed. The difference is that A&K contributors got their stone free of charge, whereas others have had to pay for it.
Did you contribute to help the club out when it was needed? You helped save the club. Imo, the only people who needed recognition are the Falmer for All committee and the people who stepped up for the Seagulls Party candidates. The rest just did their bit, of which there were many.

Whilst I agree with your overall sentiment, the A&K contributors didn’t get the stones for free. Far from it. They stepped up when the club was in need - just as the others you mention did. We all have different ways we can help.

I was just a bit disappointed that the replacement stones were stuck in the corner (I’m not sure if all the originals were, I just know where mine is).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here