Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fan prediction in today's Observer

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We’ve got a stronger squad than this time last year, for sure. Problem is the whole division looks stronger.
Also, often when clubs in our position spend a few quid there’s an expectation from the fans that the team will be more expansive and attack’s more. This is the graveyard of many a club in its second or third season.
I thInk ninth is ridiculous.
I see us finishing above Cardiff , Huddersfield and Newcastle which will just be about enough to keep us up. Which I’d be very happy with.

Couldn't agree more. Every point will be as tough as last year. If we finish 4th bottom I'll be very pleased. I think we have more potential than last year to do a bit better but there are such fine margins and if we have a bad run, get more injuries or suspensions than last time we could easily finish bottom 3.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think one of the players let slip that the internal target is 10th-12th?
I would be over the moon.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think I went for 10th on the NSC polll, which I think is a reasonable target but to non Brighton fans I always say 17th is the target.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I'm not sure how she claims that Southern Rail's 'Hopeless' service to Falmer is the weak link. For all their other faults, I have never experienced any problems in getting to or leaving any games, ever.

I think our weakest link was exposed in the Nantes friendly when he almost gave them a goal and or a penalty with another defensive blunder (you had to be there).

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm not sure how she claims that Southern Rail's 'Hopeless' service to Falmer is the weak link. For all their other faults, I have never experienced any problems in getting to or leaving any games, ever.
).

Wish I could say the same traveling from this part of Sussex

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes, the Rodriguez/Bong incident was hugely contentious but I'm struggling to get the link with Burnley on your comment ?

Burnley are Jay Rodriguez's hometown club, or his first club or whatever, he is 'one of their own' and when we played them, their fans booed Bong. That's the link.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Also think the First Choice XI is wide of the mark in at least two positions, but we shall see

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I think we are all being far to optimistic, we had an outstanding season everything went our way injuries, playing teams at the right time, we over achieved.

The players we have brought look good on paper but they will need to settle in quickly as we have lost some very experienced players in Key positions

On the plus side the competition appears to have give AK an additional boost

My predictions for the coming season

Brighton to stay up but unlikely to be comfortable we I'll be close to or in a relegation position all season
Hemed to surprise many and be our top scorer
Dunk gets an England call up
Locardia releases another song in it he recalls his days in Holland in a yearning to go home kind of way
Of the summer arrivals Adone, Ali and the right back forgotten his name sorry become regular first team players

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I we have lost some very experienced players in Key positions

Like who? Goldson, Murphy, Skalak, Baldock, Hunnemier are not very experienced premier league players and were either hardly used or weren't used at all.

I'm going for 10th but that really does depend on injuries, cards and new players settling straight in.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I like this from the Burnley fan;

Headline maker We don’t do controversies, rows and bust-ups, certainly not publicly.

No just openly supporting racism.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Like who? Goldson, Murphy, Skalak, Baldock, Hunnemier are not very experienced premier league players and were either hardly used or weren't used at all.

I'm going for 10th but that really does depend on injuries, cards and new players settling straight in.

Experienced in as far as know the team tactics won promotion #together

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
12th would be great as it would be our highest-ever league finish. Just about achievable in my view, but anyone who thinks we will finish much higher is delusional. Yes we have strengthened, but so have most other teams.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm suprised so many people think we will finish so high up the league, I think we will struggle to replace Murray's Goals this season especially the amount of cruicial point winners.

Hopefully I am proven wrong but I cant see much coming from Locadia, However Hemed may step up when called upon again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here