Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock moves to Reading {CONFIRMED}

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sam seriously cannot be to happy about this.

He's happy living down here and didn't want to relocate.
So, he gets to continue making a great living, playing and living in Sussex.
And we get an expensive wage of the books.

Cheers for the memories, Sammy B.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's a hard read is that Reading forum...I thought that layout went out with the ark! Anyway it would appear they don't fancy our Sam at all. Shame he couldn't have signed for a more welcoming club. I hope he scores a hat-trick every week but they always lose 4-3. SB is too good for Reading FC
This. Good luck Sam but **** The Tinpot.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As predicted by others on NSC over the weekend.

View attachment 99299

Can't be far wrong.
If they got Baldock for a million quid that is bloody good business - for Reading. If we were willing to practically give him away that cheaply, we surely ought to have used him as a bargaining chip with buying Moore.
Perhaps the fact that we didn't means that Moore isn't the prime target after all?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
His interview gives the impression to me that he has one hand cuffed to a radiator.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My favourite memory of Sam wasn't even on the pitch, it was this! -

[Tweet]1024009814169534465[/Tweet]

I helped him crowd surf on Hove Lawns, after the victory bus parade. I can honestly say I touched his thighs.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just had a look at readings fans forum they are apparently underwhelmed with the signing of Baldock!!!!!!!!

I for one is very sorry to see him go, Sam always gave 100% a great team player who is quick and draws defenders making space for others.
Sadly often used out of position which he did without any complaints, a major part of our promotion team he is a clever player who has scored a few cracking goals.
Sadly hit by a few injuries which hopefully he has now overcome and I look forward to seeing how he gets on.

Thanks Sam and good luck!

Message to the Reading fans, Sam is a really good signing for you special message to your fans who are underwhelmed!!!!! you really are right k***bs
Agreed. Really surprised he dropped as low as Reading, I thought he could have done way better. Perhaps he felt sorry for then? :)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If they got Baldock for a million quid that is bloody good business - for Reading. If we were willing to practically give him away that cheaply, we surely ought to have used him as a bargaining chip with buying Moore.
Perhaps the fact that we didn't means that Moore isn't the prime target after all?

Argus reports this morning that fee (with add ons) could reach £5m - with a “sizeable” up front payment.

Also says it’s separate to Liam Moore interest which is still dependent on Reading reducing their asking price - believed to be c £15m

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/163...-5-million-from-sam-baldocks-move-to-reading/

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Argus reports this morning that fee (with add ons) could reach £5m - with a “sizeable” up front payment.

Also says it’s separate to Liam Moore interest which is still dependent on Reading reducing their asking price - believed to be c £15m

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/163...-5-million-from-sam-baldocks-move-to-reading/

It feels like we are no push-overs but we are fair. We can see the risk so we won't go over the top with the original fee, but if he is a success then we want our cut of what we feel he is worth.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good luck to him. Always liked him and never understood those who slagged him off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am gutted he's joined them. I don't like Reading, and his signing can only enhance their chances of avoiding relegation, something I'd otherwise love to see.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

That's better! Looks like us doing the good business. Doubt we'll ever see the full £5M though - not if one of the add-ons involves promotion anyway!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just told my 4 year old Sam's gone and he's absolutely devastated, tears and everything. He was his favourite player, always plays as him, poster on the wall and everything. However, I went through the squad to find his new favourite player and it turns out it's David Button and all's good again?!

As I've said with every player from the promotion squad who has left, it is a sad day but inevitable and the best for everyone. Good luck to him, I hope he scores lots of goals in high scoring defeats for Reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here