Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rosenior Returns

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I always thought Leroy Rosenior was treated badly, and enjoyed his punditry on Late Night Kick Off on local SE BBC.

I too enjoyed his punditry.

I never thought he was treated badly though because I have no doubts it would have been explained to him the reason why he never got a new playing deal.

You can't have too many older players in the squad and especially not in the same position ie ; right back both him and Bruno. Both were still playing well but when trying to move up the leagues as we are you gradually need to start bringing in younger replacements and if you have two older players in one position it could conceivably put off newer younger recruits from potentially signing if their path to the first team is blocked.

You have quoted the wrong person. I never said he appeared with Steve Claridge - Go back to bed and get up again BG

I am confused, not difficult I admit.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Yes, Kermorgant’s challengers was horrific, absolutely shameful. Reading are a nobody club with no siginificence, so they don’t bother me, but I must say seeing Steve Sidwell smash his elbow into the back of Kermorgant’s head in the reverse fixture as payback for Rosenior was one of the most satisfying and deserved things I’ve ever seen. All made better by the fact that we won 3-0 and the Reading fans (as per usual) were silent all game.

For those interested in seeing Steve's elbow smash, its around the 1:18 mark here. Perhaps poetic that he only picked up a yellow card for his troubles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCiG9KNqOro

That one's for you, Liam...

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I always thought Leroy Rosenior was treated badly, and enjoyed his punditry on Late Night Kick Off on local SE BBC.

I too enjoyed his punditry.

I never thought he was treated badly though because I have no doubts it would have been explained to him the reason why he never got a new playing deal.

You can't have too many older players in the squad and especially not in the same position ie ; right back both him and Bruno. Both were still playing well but when trying to move up the leagues as we are you gradually need to start bringing in younger replacements and if you have two older players in one position it could conceivably put off newer younger recruits from potentially signing if their path to the first team is blocked.

I think that you have confused Liam with his dad Leroy who was a striker at Fulham. It was his dad who was on the TV with Sreve Claridfge.

You have quoted the wrong person. I never said he appeared with Steve Claridge - Go back to bed and get up again BG

I quite clearly said Leroy Rosenior, not Liam. I was referring to Liam's Dad, who was a manager, and treated very badly at Torquay, being sacked after just 10 minutes in the job.

He was a pundit on BBC SouthEast, which I referred to in my posts.

I think you need to apologise to BG.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I am confused, not difficult I admit.

No, you weren't confused. NooBHA got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

The reason I mentioned Leroy, is because Liam has said his father is his motivation, and why he is determined to succeed after football on the pitch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, you weren't confused. NooBHA got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

The reason I mentioned Leroy, is because Liam has said his father is his motivation, and why he is determined to succeed after football on the pitch.

Even more confusing though because Liam did do some punditry at the Amex.......

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It looks from what we know he will be a great asset for the under 23's for a number of reasons.

Firstly you sense he will have fresh ideas which he will ambitiously implement within the non pressurised environment of U23's football with a group of willing young players, hopefully he will soon be seen as a great progressive development coach, something that was needed but perhaps more importantly this is more likely a Hughton/Bloom appointment, meaning Rosenior probably has the trust, credibility and confidence to argue for a young players progression to the first team squad, something previous academy coaches probably didn't have.

As with all academy prospects there will be winners and losers, but they'll be a shake up at this level and I suspect future player promotion/recruitment might become more prominent next season and I cannot see such a bright young ambitious coach playing an assistant role to Rusk either.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I enjoy BGs posts - I know I am in a minority but I think he talks sense sometimes.

The only times he really talked a wee bit drivel was the left back problem a few years ago and a comment he made after the Gaetan Bong incident. Apart from that I really enjoy his ''banter''
I'm still convinced it's someone messing around with us.. Probably Paul Barber? Actually, as anyone ever seen [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] and PB in the same room?

#BarberOut

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is bad news for the rest of the WaG's at the club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm still convinced it's someone messing around with us.. Probably Paul Barber? Actually, as anyone ever seen [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] and PB in the same room?

#BarberOut

With our influx of new members I'm not sure why Bozza still runs the algorithm.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I didnt realise that as I thought that it was an individual register for each competition so that some of the U23s would be registered for them and the first team, and some for Youth and U23s I didnt realise that it was a blanket insurance to play for any team in the club, thanks for correcting me.

It won't be a blanket insurance. It will probably be individual insurances for each player. Policies can vary from club to club.

You can also take out different types of policies. Some where the club is the beneficiary and they receive the payout if the player is injured which they would then pay to the player if they have a career ending injury. I have also seen the opposite where the player is the beneficiary and any payout goes direct to the player in the event of such an injury. Either could be the case

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It looks from what we know he will be a great asset for the under 23's for a number of reasons.

Firstly you sense he will have fresh ideas which he will ambitiously implement within the non pressurised environment of U23's football with a group of willing young players, hopefully he will soon be seen as a great progressive development coach, something that was needed but perhaps more importantly this is more likely a Hughton/Bloom appointment, meaning Rosenior probably has the trust, credibility and confidence to argue for a young players progression to the first team squad, something previous academy coaches probably didn't have.

As with all academy prospects there will be winners and losers, but they'll be a shake up at this level and I suspect future player promotion/recruitment might become more prominent next season and I cannot see such a bright young ambitious coach playing an assistant role to Rusk either.

Are you suggesting that Simon Rusk is not a 'bright young ambitious coach', then :shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I quite clearly said Leroy Rosenior, not Liam. I was referring to Liam's Dad, who was a manager, and treated very badly at Torquay, being sacked after just 10 minutes in the job.

He was a pundit on BBC SouthEast, which I referred to in my posts.

I think you need to apologise to BG.

I do and I do apologise to [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]

but in my defence he did quote me when responding to your post.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Only because you said you liked his punditry and that he wasnt badly treated in your opinion so I assumed that youwere talking about Leroy as per Thunder Bolts post. Anyway no offense taken or intended I am sure.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Are you suggesting that Simon Rusk is not a 'bright young ambitious coach', then :shrug:

Not really relevant to my point, the key point is Rusk was recruited by Burke as were most of the current academy management team, we have had a few managers since then, Rosenior as a recent first team player has now been recruited whilst Hughton is in charge, Hughton would have been instrumental in recommending him for the current role, a recent first team player with some obvious ambition gives him a voice probably more relevant than Rusk.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not really relevant to my point, the key point is Rusk was recruited by Burke as were most of the current academy management team, we have had a few managers since then, Rosenior as a recent first team player has now been recruited whilst Hughton is in charge, Hughton would have been instrumental in recommending him for the current role, a recent first team player with some obvious ambition gives him a voice probably more relevant than Rusk.

Possibly.

Though equally Rusk's far greater experience of coaching and youth development (over any brand new coach in his first job) might lend some weight to his 'voice'. Hughton has been happy until now to listen to his advice on which U23 players were ready to step up to join in with the senior squad, after all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Possibly.

Though equally Rusk's far greater experience of coaching and youth development (over any brand new coach in his first job) might lend some weight to his 'voice'. Hughton has been happy until now to listen to his advice on which U23 players were ready to step up to join in with the senior squad, after all.

None :lol:

(Just getting in before BigGully, and his odd obsession)

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Possibly.

I am not sure experience is afforded as much importance in a developmental role especially against a recent recruited 'first team' player that has just been appointed, perhaps Rusk has been given certain assurance but maybe not.

The politics of football suggest that Rosenior will soon be the defining voice in any youngsters progress, irrespective of Rusk's ability and he will know that.

Who knows this might be the beginning of a long and productive partnership, I am not so sure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here