Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positives

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Pondering updating my ignore list.
Reasonably happy with the other business, what will be will be. If we do manage to stay up better players will be keener to join next season

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Positives.
Still PL.
Still looking forward to this historic Albion experience.
Still looking forward.............:albion2:

Negatives.
None

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
After several bank holidays bin day will not be changing now till after Christmas.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
A thread for all those who try and deal with triumph and disaster with a degree of balance:

A strike force of Baldock, Murray, Hemed with Izquierdo and Brown and maybe Tilley isn't bad.

We're Premier League and we may as well enjoy it.

Business was good everywhere else on the pitch and we should create chances and Murray at least is the sort of striker who will take them.

Only 18 games till the window opens.

Our team spirit is intact and we haven't spent stupid amounts on a player who may or may not have affected that.

We are best as a club with our backs to the wall and now everyone has written us off we have nothing to lose.

This has given the chance for our serial whingers to get their whinging out of the way during an international break. If they channel as much energy into cheering on the team we should be fine.

All clever stuff. But as 50% of our supposed strike force is always injured, not very positive.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is Propper Spanish Dave mark2?

Not rated by many when he first came( What's Spanish Dave for, thread), but, an excellent player for us, over the course of his career here once he settled in.
And if Propper scores a freekick against Palace, like Spanish Dave, I'll forgive him a slow start.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We singed SEVEN full internationals this window, we're Brighton, how did that happen

Oh, but they don't count, in the miserabalist's eyes.

We have a challenge ahead, but as [MENTION=1332]Deadly Danson[/MENTION] says, we tend to do better, when we're up against it.

Who wants a boring, mid table, mediocrity season, anyway?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im positive. Its Friday and I always think that Fridays are the best weekend night

...as for the team, I think (hope) that it will turn out ok.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Just spent 34.5 million on players and we are in the premier league. Disappointed that we didn't get a striker especially when it was the clubs no 1 priority, but given that l have supported the club since 1976 in division 3, l have to regard this as the most exciting period in our history. Come what may the 11 players we put out each match will make a fist of it, and if they don't we have great competition for places. People can be disappointed that we didn't get a marque 20 million striker, but those of us with longer memories have to be thankful where we are now considering where we were and the journey we've been on. We are lucky to even have a club, and fabulous facilities, state of the art training ground and stadium, and yet there are still 'fans' not satisfied because we didn't spend another 20 million! To be where we are now was a fantasy dream 10 years ago, and now we are living it. Some fans need to get real and just appreciate what we have. There will always be clubs with more money, richer owners and better players but l am very happy and thankful for what we have

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Is Propper Spanish Dave mark2?

Not rated by many when he first came( What's Spanish Dave for, thread), but, an excellent player for us, over the course of his career here once he settled in.
And if Propper scores a freekick against Palace, like Spanish Dave, I'll forgive him a slow start.

I think people did rate Propper but we can only go on the three games thus far. Someone on another thread described him as lanquid.

Let us all hope the boy recovers from his tardy start and delivers. :smile:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I watched the West Brom v Stoke game at the weekend. Both teams supposedly unlikely to get relegated but both looked very ordinary to me.

I'm pretty sure we're capable of getting enough wins. None of us has seen the best of our new signings yet. Brown and Baldock won't be out for ever.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I was gutted this morning but as the day has worn on my mood has brightoned(geddit?). We know what we have now so lets get on with it. We know we've a tough task ahead but we know what tools we have, we can't change anything until January so lets crack on and give it our best shot.

And we have three international goalkeepers. Internationals in defence. Internationals in midfield. Internationals on the wing. And Internationals upfront. It could be considerably worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here