Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The pant-pissing is approaching epic proportions.

Chailey Jem is doing his best to stem the tide (if I was him, I'd not bother: most are hopeless cases).
Huggies all round.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I'm not touting anyone.
The poster said he was depressed after a transfer window in which we've spent £40m+ on new players with likely tens of millions still to come.
If he's depressed after that little lot then my nonsense won't make much difference.

No it doesn't so please stop trying, thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Chailey Jem is doing his best to stem the tide (if I was him, I'd not bother: most are hopeless cases).
Huggies all round.

Bizarrely enough I think everybody would be a lot more rested if they weren't being repeatedly told 'everything is brilliant, and is perfectly on track'.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm not touting anyone.
The poster said he was depressed after a transfer window in which we've spent £40m+ on new players with likely tens of millions still to come.
If he's depressed after that little lot then my nonsense won't make much difference.

I'm not depressed over the £40mill spent , just where we find ourselves again re: striker

God I hope you're right and I'm wrong but have got a horrible feeling on this striker situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Huggies all round.
Are our collective bladders become so weak, or the stress so great, that we are unable to remain continent during the day now?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's be blunt. The striker situation is a disaster.

51 to sort it.

That's my thing.
Everybody is quite happy with that fact, we're all chuntering on about it, but know the club will rectify the situation and we even have a deadline for when that will happen.

Then we get told how wrong we all are,
how 1 fit striker was part of the plan,
how happy we should be by all the stuff over there,
the club has signed 3 good strikers in 6 years so the 30 others are irrelevant.

Instead of words to the effect of
'not great is it, but I'm sure we'll be well impressed with the end result'.

You wouldn't have thought anybody can possibly believe that 1 fit stiker for a Premier League game is part of the masterplan, despite what's said in the press conference of by a manager as classy as Hughton... and yet!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm usually with the LICKERS , so this is my first foray into BEDWETTING territory,

I'm quite enjoying it actually, in the vain hope I'm proved totally wrong, and then can wet the bed all over again for defecting to the BEDWETTERS this time around.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Concerned is one thing. Saying 'It's all spectacularly desperate' is quite another.
Tomato, Tomato. Is desperate really too strong a word? It feels like that way to me, but I accept I've lost control.

Why not wait until 11pm on Thursday to see what we have rather than moaning now?
Well I'm very worried about our striker situation, but I'm not moaning about the club, I'm not complaining about them. I'm just pissing myself a bit.

No, he's saying it isn't necessarily "spectacularly desperate", which is what you said.
Sadly I think he's right, I did say it's getting spectacularly desperate. Am I really wrong?

Have you pissed yourself already then? ???
I'm afraid so. More than once.

Are we playing on Thursday ?
What?

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Tomato, Tomato. Is desperate really too strong a word? It feels like that way to me, but I accept I've lost control.

Well I'm very worried about our striker situation, but I'm moaning about the club, I'm not complaining about them. I'm just pissing myself a bit.

Sadly I think he's right, I did say it's getting spectacularly desperate. Am I really wrong?

I'm afraid so. More than once.

What?

When Thursday comes, no singings have been made, and we get the obligatory Naylor tweet at 16:30 saying everyone's gone home............:shootself

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When Thursday comes, no singings have been made, and we get the obligatory Naylor tweet at 16:30 saying everyone's gone home............:shootself
I should think we'll have signed a striker, I'm just concerned that striker won't be one the club particularly wanted. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Although I've wet myself, I bet some at the club have too. They won't be happy about the way it's gone.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
You wouldn't have thought anybody can possibly believe that 1 fit stiker for a Premier League game is part of the masterplan, despite what's said in the press conference of by a manager as classy as Hughton... and yet!

Except Hughton didn't say that after Watford did he. He was very clear it was disappointing, said it was 2 points lost, that there was a striker problem and that they intended to rectify before the end of the window.

"At this moment I’d go more towards two [points] dropped. I’m disappointed we didn’t come away with all three.”
I thought Tomer worked very hard but you look at this division and a big part of the game is not only what you have got on the pitch but what you are able to change on the bench.
“Probably that was the one thing looking at the bench. We didn’t have that natural centre-forward and if Tomer had got injured we would have had to look at plan B, perhaps put Jose up top or Jamie Murphy.”
“We need to make sure we have a complete squad,.. by the end of the window."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15497790.Hughton__That_s_two_points_dropped/

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Amazing really that Newcastle spent over 5 million on Grant Hanley and thinking he was Blackburn's best defender never really got near there first team.Looks like he is heading back to the Championship with Norwich. Meanwhile we pinched Blackburn's other center back for a cheaper price and who has turned out to be much better buy. Duffy has been a cracking signing.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It does need to be said, Chaileyjem really should be owed something from the club. He's like Gladiator the movie, fighting on his own, when all looks lost, Chaileyjem is still in belief of his beloved Albion. No matter what comes his way, he'll be able to somehow bring it down and maintain the respect he believes the Albion deserve.

I think it's fair to say, if the Albion do end up pulling off what we're all hoping for in the transfer market, then we all owe Chaileyjem a massive apology, but if it turns out that we don't sign anyone by Friday........ Unleash hell.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is that because of what Everton fans think of him?
Not having a pop, it concerns me too.

However, Everton fans had Lukaku to compare him with last season and Rooney this season, there are many, many strikers that wont come up to that standard but will do a very reasonable job elsewhere.

Everton fans didn't have anybody to compare with him last season - because he didn't play for them! He went on loan to Hull, who had an option to buy; it's a bit more worrying that Hull didn't take up that option and sent him back instead. Yes, I am aware they got relegated - I would have thought the parachute payments would have made it viable to keep a good striker to help them back up this season - but no, they didn't want him.
And the fact that now Everton want a straight sale, rather than a loan (with an option to buy) is a bit worrying too - it looks as if they're concerned if they lend him out, he'll just be sent back again. Shame - he comes across as quite a nice bloke in his interview (link on a previous post), but if his football ability just isn't up to it..............

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It does need to be said, Chaileyjem really should be owed something from the club. He's like Gladiator the movie, fighting on his own, when all looks lost, Chaileyjem is still in belief of his beloved Albion. No matter what comes his way, he'll be able to somehow bring it down and maintain the respect he believes the Albion deserve.

I think it's fair to say, if the Albion do end up pulling off what we're all hoping for in the transfer market, then we all owe Chaileyjem a massive apology, but if it turns out that we don't sign anyone by Friday........ Unleash hell.

Absolutely - it's a magnificent effort. I like to look on the bright side and know the club are doing their best but his positivity is a joy to behold. A bit like Atherton defending against Donald - doesn't matter what you throw at him, nothing will get through his defences. I salute you [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION]

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I'm all for a good stoning !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here