Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If you allow yourself to take pride in your work, going over and above the minimum required, particularly to help others - you can.

A totally alien concept for many, I appreciate.

And maybe as a bonus your career will not be systematically made obsolete by people who won't accept being held to ransom by a bunch of thugs.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 19, 2010
Such as? Who are these posters?

I know the question was directed to another poster (Taybha), but I've not seen a response from [MENTION=1332]Deadly Danson[/MENTION] on this mountain-sized thread for a while.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Every 10 mins or so between 18:00 and 18:51 (at the moment), but after the game looks rubbish. 20 min gap at 22:00 to 22:20.................about one cancellation away from a riot

Will the Leeds fans be given priority ? This has happened in the past...................not sure with Leeds though.

That's when there have been football specials such as for Palace and Millwall.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Got to Brighton station 45 minutes ago, 2 trains cancelled, now delayed as awaiting driver, although team are playing well I've had enough of these night games.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks like all Coastway West London trains cancelled today so need to go via Brighton - grrrrrrr

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Did anyone on here manage to travel from east of Lewes by train for the game and back last night out of interest?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Did anyone on here manage to travel from east of Lewes by train for the game and back last night out of interest?
Just texted a friend who sits in the west upper. He traveled from Eastbourne. The 6.01 was half an hour late but he got to the ground in plenty of time and returning, the 10.02 train was also half an hour late. He got back to Eastbourne at 11.10.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

Got the 17.29 from Warrior Sq all fine apart from slight delay at Eastbourne. Got home about 12.30 after changing at Lewes and going for a beer. Wasn't too bad at all.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Got to Brighton station 45 minutes ago, 2 trains cancelled, now delayed as awaiting driver, although team are playing well I've had enough of these night games.

I am not making any point at all about who is to blame, but please don't give up. Can you not come by car from Saltdean and park at the Racecourse? I appreciate that there might be reasons of which I am unaware, but if I can take the car from Hastings, please all those nearer do the same, as we need all possible support at night matches, as there are clearly going to be so many. Genuine appeal -no other point intended.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Interesting claim from Stephen Lloyd (former Eastbourne MP) :
Serious Allegation Made Against Southern Rail:
I was contacted at home early this morning by a local member of staff to say that Southern Rail have cancelled all trains today (other than the first and last) from Eastbourne to Victoria - because they report their are 'not enough staff to cover the trains'
BUT the employee (I won't say guard or driver to protect their ID) tells me that In fact there ARE plenty of staff available and basically - "we're just sitting around twiddling our thumbs"
If true then the company are deliberately sabotaging their OWN Eastbourne rail service today, so they can pin the blame on the staff!!
I shall be writing to the Secretary of State at the Dft and the CEO of Southern Rail demanding they give me the facts over what I have just been told. I'm also well aware that a number of key media outlets follow my FaceBook so I hope they bring their big guns to bear on this as well.
Because if this allegation is true - if - then such inconsiderate and sheer bloody minded behaviour from the company would simply be beyond the pale.
Eastbourne train users deserve better than this......

https://www.facebook.com/StephenLloydEBN/

Interesting claim from Stephen Lloyd (former Eastbourne MP) :

https://www.facebook.com/StephenLloydEBN/

Even if these serious allegations are proved correct you'll still get the swivel eyed Daily hate readers on here blaming the nasty unions,some bottom feeders on here simply cannot stand the fact that people are so passionate about their industry and jobs they're prepared to fight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here