Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no train thread?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just one more time - the shifts were already uncovered as of a few days ago because there is a shortage of both drivers and guards. There really wasn't some mass sickness event today.

You should have been at Falmer station after tonight's match defending them, I'm sure you would have made some new friends :whistle:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Would have been nice to know.

Exactly. They must have known what staff were sick, or not in today, long before kick off. They have a Twitter account, & know Brighton have a Transport Manager.
There wasn't a peep out of them. Fans were just left stranded with no news or announcements.

Just one more time - the shifts were already uncovered as of a few days ago because there is a shortage of both drivers and guards. There really wasn't some mass sickness event today.

As posted on the other thread ...

I don't normally post e-mails that the Club send out to transport providers, but I'll make an exception for this one:-

Sent on Monday:-

Ed,
Just to keep you informed regarding Fridays match v Villa, where we are expecting to sell all 30,000 tickets including 3,000 from Aston Villa.
All car parks are being close to being full, and Southern have confirmed we are to receive a full match day rail service, therefore a busy night all round.
Regards,

If Southern had any foresight, they would have seen that there might be problems tonight providing a "full match day rail service". If they had admitted as much, the Club might have prepared the contingency plans that have applied on strike days and laid on the extra park & ride facilities and the shuttle buses from Lewes. But no.

I find it difficult to avoid putting the blame for this omnishambles on anyone other than the management of Southern Rail.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
As posted on the other thread ...

I don't normally post e-mails that the Club send out to transport providers, but I'll make an exception for this one:-

Sent on Monday:-

Ed,
Just to keep you informed regarding Fridays match v Villa, where we are expecting to sell all 30,000 tickets including 3,000 from Aston Villa.
All car parks are being close to being full, and Southern have confirmed we are to receive a full match day rail service, therefore a busy night all round.
Regards,

If Southern had any foresight, they would have seen that there might be problems tonight providing a "full match day rail service". If they had admitted as much, the Club might have prepared the contingency plans that have applied on strike days and laid on the extra park & ride facilities and the shuttle buses from Lewes. But no.

I find it difficult to avoid putting the blame for this omnishambles on anyone other than the management of Southern Rail.

Couldn't agree more.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
@deadly damson: if you have seen that Southern knew they could not run those services tonight, you could do us all a favour and speak to the club, in confidence, about it.

I can put you in touch.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Exactly. They must have known what staff were sick, or not in today, long before kick off. They have a Twitter account, & know Brighton have a Transport Manager.
There wasn't a peep out of them. Fans were just left stranded with no news or announcements.

This wretched company has now gone way beyond incompetent and are becoming increasingly malicious, now that they know they're more or less immune from any political intervention. Presumably they're turning the screw hoping to turn more of the travelling public against their own hard-working frontline employees to soften them up for whatever profit-motivated shit they care to throw at them. Just say no, folks. :nono:

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

100% this. Absolutely shameful.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
@deadly damson: if you have seen that Southern knew they could not run those services tonight, you could do us all a favour and speak to the club, in confidence, about it.

I can put you in touch.

Yes [MENTION=1332]Deadly Danson[/MENTION], thanks for the heads up :shrug:

Jameson

Can I just say well done BHA who I presume reacted by organising buses back to Lewes for those of us lucky enough to hear the chap in the BHA jacket with megaphone announce the plans at Falmer. Well done too stewards and both Brighton and Villa fans who waited patiently until the buses arrived. Thank you also to the helpful bus driver. I'm constantly amazed how patient and accepting people are; old people, youngsters, grumpy gits like me. Got back to Bexhill 23:50 and feeling massive love for our club who really do make a huge effort despite the challenges they face from problems outside their control.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

I can put you in touch.

It's really not my place to do that. Whilst I suspected that this was going to happen (as I intimated on the other thread yesterday) I have no idea what happened behind the scenes to try and get staff in on overtime or second managers in to work trains or move duties around to cover additional services. I imagine they thought they would be able to sort something out as they sometimes do but failed miserably.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Like others, waited for a bit in Lewes train queue, gave up, waited in no:25 queue, gave up, walked to Coledean, got a rip off cab to station.. now at east Croydon, with last train to Clapham Junction and a bus ride home to go.. 1.30am anyone?

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
Well done all the stranded fans who kept their sense of humour and stayed calm
As for those railway ****s you don't deserve any support from the public.
Albion 1 Southern 0

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Just got in, only thanks to a bus ride to Lewes and a lift home from there back to Hastings. Piss poor service tonight.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's really not my place to do that. Whilst I suspected that this was going to happen (as I intimated on the other thread yesterday) I have no idea what happened behind the scenes to try and get staff in on overtime or second managers in to work trains or move duties around to cover additional services. I imagine they thought they would be able to sort something out as they sometimes do but failed miserably.

You are a ****ing Mick Cash puppet beyond total belief.

As soon as you are challenged to actually put some facts behind your rhetoric a total cop out.

Owned, big time

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Finally on a packed train from Hove. Normal sh1t service resumed.

Blimey - my sympathies to all of you who got clobbered by SASTA tonight. I never thought there would come a day when I would arrive home in Stratford-upon-Avon before some of you got home in Sussex, but it's happened tonight, given that I got back in record time, just after midnight. For the first time in nearly 50 years following the Albion I have now abandoned train travel to Sussex altogether, as it's so unreliable. No sign of any improvement in the foreseeable future either, so it would seem. Hope you all get home safely and enjoy the weekend. A point gained tonight I think, not two lost!:albion2:

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You are a ****ing Mick Cash puppet beyond total belief.

As soon as you are challenged to actually put some facts behind your rhetoric a total cop out.

Owned, big time

Very harsh IMHO. As a commuter, I appreciate [MENTION=1332]Deadly Danson[/MENTION] and his informative posts on here whilst all this utter shit is going on across the franchise. Very difficult to see how he could speak to the club directly without putting himself at risk of disciplinary action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here