Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big big weekend of relegation fixtures

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
*Just* need FIVE matches to now go our way...

Palace 0 Albion 1

Southampton 0 Chelsea 1

West Ham 1 Stoke 0

Albion 1 Spurs 0

Leicester 1 Southampton 0 OR Watford 1 Palace 0
50p on that 6 fold returns £390,000..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
It's going to be a big big weekend each weekend until the end of the season.

Pointless looking at other fixtures, win our games and other results don't matter

Not really pointless is it? When the reality is that we've won just 1 in every 4 games played in the Premier League.
So I'd suggest looking at other results is probably quite sensible / interesting.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We win, job done, don't give a s**t what else happens and yes I have had too much beer on a Wednesday night.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We win, job done, don't give a s**t what else happens and yes I have had too much beer on a Wednesday night.
It's Wednesday afternoon and last night was Tuesday

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It does feel like a big weekend. By the end of it we could almost be clear of relegation or very much back in it.

My personal feeling is that it is now a shootout for the third relegation place between us and Southampton. If we match or better Southampton's result this Saturday I feel we will be safe.

For those worried about Stoke, did you know they've only won one game since Lambert took over in mid January and that was against Huddersfield? They're gone.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hughes may not agree but I feel that the players minds will be more focused on the following Saturdays cup semi final against Chelsea.

I agree. Not that they focus on the cup game but that players look to avoid injury and suspension before the semi final match.

I recall speaking with some of the Millwall players in the year they went to the FA Cup Final in 2004. A couple of them freely admitted they were close to suspensions and risked missing the Cup Final, that they took their eye off the play offs that year

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The only team in the bottom three that I can think that may save themselves is Stoke and that is marginal. Even if Southampton pulled off a shock win I still can't see them getting enough points. I just can't. If Albion go down we will have no excuses because we've had enough chances to be well clear now (Hudds, Stoke, Saints at home - wasn't here for Everton; West Brom and Watford away)

I agree with your post on the 'missed opportunities' but at the same time there is no such thing as a perfect season. All clubs can point to many games where they could/should have had more points. Even in our promotion season last season you could point to many games like Forest away etc where we didn't turn up. Look at the positives - our wins at home against the likes of Swansea and W Ham were pivotal. Our denying Hudds winning on Sat could end up being a great result, all things considered...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
West Brom have it all to do to avoid relegation.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Amazing really that we've only won 1 game of our 9 against the current bottom 5. Sounds very poor - but make it 2 in 10 on Saturday and we should be good.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Amazing really that we've only won 1 game of our 9 against the current bottom 5. Sounds very poor - but make it 2 in 10 on Saturday and we should be good.

Lies, damn lies and statistics. It's all about the spin.

You could say that against the 7 teams below us, we've only lost twice in 13 games. P13 W5 D6 L2 F20 A13 Pts 21

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forget wanting a West Ham v Stoke draw.

It is now the time in the season where we plant the flag and declare for every game losses for Southampton and Stoke ( and also Huddersfield ).

Come on West Ham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here