Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And the next England manager is?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Sky sources saying Hodgson lost the dressing room before the match because:
1. They didn't want to play 4 3 3 and
2. Senior players didn't want Sterling in the side.

WTF! I guess these overpaid w@nkers don't want a manager. They'll just pick their own team, decide on their own tactics and it'll all be great.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

WTF! I guess these overpaid w@nkers don't want a manager. They'll just pick their own team, decide on their own tactics and it'll all be great.

To be fair they were right. Should have played Rashford and 4-4-2.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
To be fair they were right. Should have played Rashford and 4-4-2.

Sterling won the penalty and if the morons had put a decent shift in and played like international footballers it would have been fine. It's almost a though they decided they weren't going to try so that they could get rid of Hodgson.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
All three are SHITE managers

Who cares, they cant do any worse. Most nations give some 40 year old ex international the job, and if he fails they give another ex international the job.

We've done the overpaid foreigner, we've done the so called experienced 60 year old plus Englishman.

Just give it to Shearer and see how he does.

Stumpy Tim

Who cares, they cant do any worse. Most nations give some 40 year old ex international the job, and if he fails they give another ex international the job.

We've done the overpaid foreigner, we've done the so called experienced 60 year old plus Englishman.

Just give it to Shearer and see how he does.
Please not Shearer! Would rather have Gary Neville.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Jossys Giants
Swapping their homework for footwork,
Kicking the ball till its dark,

Here go Jossy's Giants,
Footballs just a branch of science,
Head the ball, now Jossy calls...

Jossy's Giants!!??

Dependable, Reliant
Put your faith in Jossy's Giants
Get stuck in, we're gonna win...

Jossy's Giants!!

It would appear I was wrong!

I was a Murphy's mob man myself, but then seeing your ground on tele was a big bonus!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
So they were sulking? Why didn't they just play the way they wanted, Roy could't have done much from the touchline.

Stumpy Tim

well we just had one shite manger that managed to get blackburn relergated .....4 wins in 11 games in knockout tournaments....how shit do you want the England manager to be ......?? pardew..?
He didn't get Blackburn relegated. After he left Blackburn there was Allardyce before Keen took over.

I don't want the England manager to be shit thanks

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Danny Murphy thrown his hat into the ring with Roy Evans as assistant.

Tony Gale has also said he'd be willing to listen to the FA if asked.

Stumpy Tim

ok .....my mate is a life long season ticket holder and he said different....:thumbsup:

I'm really not sure how to answer that. You're clearly wrong, why not admit it?

In fact, I'm not sure he was ever manager at Blackburn:

Souness left just after the start of 2004–05 to take charge at Newcastle, and he was replaced by Welsh national coach Mark Hughes.Hughes secured Rovers' Premier League survival for the 2004–05 season as well as an FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal, with Rovers finishing 15th once again. He led the team to sixth the following season and Rovers's third European qualification in five years.

Rovers reached the semi-final of the 2006–07 FA Cup, but lost to Chelsea in extra time, and finished that season's league in tenth, qualifying for the Intertoto Cup, which led to a short run in the 2007–08 UEFA Cup. In May 2008, Mark Hughes left Blackburn Rovers for the vacancy at Manchester City. He was replaced by Paul Ince, Ince's first job was to persuade some of the wantaway players to stay. with Archie Knox coming in as his assistant. Ince's time in charge started well, but following a run of eleven games without a win he was sacked in December 2008. Sam Allardyce was appointed as Ince's replacement and in 2009–10 he led the team to a tenth-place finish and a League Cup semi-final.

In November 2010, the Indian company V H Group bought Blackburn Rovers under the name of Venky's London Limited for £23 million. The new owners sacked Allardyce and replaced him with first-team coach Steve Kean, initially on a temporary basis

Edit: he was manager there from 97-98, took them into Europe and was sacked the following year. Brian Kidd took them down, but it's fair to say he had a hand in it. Fair play to you

Last edited:

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander

IIRC a similar thing happened in Italia '90 with Bobby Robson who changed the formation mid tournament after some of the players had it out with him. I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing if the players then take the responsibility they have demanded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here