Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What about a fan counter at the stadium?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Are you offering to do it RotR?

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The total could be shown on the big screen as people arrive and then would go down as people leave:thumbsup: Would make interesting viewing!

Would this require us all being micro chipped ?

Or better still pressure sensitive seats, which would be great when we are attacking and everyone gets up for a better view, because we all know we are not supposed to stand its just not cricket.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Wouldn't this show the actual number of people in the ground though? Ridiculous. We can't have that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We used to, but no one else did, so it made no sense for comparison purposes, or for getting sponsorship deals etc.

For sure. Can't have that. Not publicly announcing the number of people who are actually in the ground and who are seeing the sponsors paid-for advertising is the way forward :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For sure. Can't have that. Not publicly announcing the number of people who are actually in the ground and who are seeing the sponsors paid-for advertising is the way forward :thumbsup:
If no one else does it that way, and doing so means you get less money, and you look like a less attractive option to new players, why do it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like the idea of a fan counter. Obviously it would only work for fans arriving though. I went to a West Ham game years ago as a guest in corporate hospitality and they had a counter in the lounge that we were in, I remember finding it quite interesting to watch *saddo*

No chance though if we are going to give out tickets sold as the attendance

I see no reason at all why English football shouldn't announce attendances the way Italian clubs do.

Number of season tickets sold + Income from such tickets
+ Number of Pay for the Individual Game tickets sold + Income from such tickets.

This is also a method that allows the average value of discounted tickets (children / seniors etc) to be calculated.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I propose working class pride !

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The total could be shown on the big screen as people arrive and then would go down as people leave:thumbsup: Would make interesting viewing!

Why? We all know Albion sell X number of season tickets, and then they add on thenumber of tickets sold per game to give the total attendance. This is what nearly every club does...so what? You can use your intelligence and look around the stadium and roughly work out how many season ticket holders haven't turned-up; this varies according to the attractiveness of the opposition, how well Albion are playing, and what the weather is like. All perfectly natural.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I see no reason at all why English football shouldn't announce attendances the way Italian clubs do.

Number of season tickets sold + Income from such tickets
+ Number of Pay for the Individual Game tickets sold + Income from such tickets.

This is also a method that allows the average value of discounted tickets (children / seniors etc) to be calculated.

I have no idea what the mechanics of it are but I'm guessing that this gives plenty of leeway to fiddle the numbers, being Italy. Just saying

I have no idea what the mechanics of it are but I'm guessing that this gives plenty of leeway to fiddle the numbers, being Italy. Just saying
I'd say the opposite. Publishing the figures, with a detailed breakdown, ensures that, over time, it is much more difficult to fiddle the numbers. This sort of thing should be a pre-requisite of any FFP system.

Italy is one of the few countries where clubs are forcibly shut down for financial mismanagement.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Excellent idea !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here