Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom looking to sell (rumour)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not what I've heard, I heard from a highly reliable, well informed source, that both Poyet and Garcia becames disillusioned with the recruitment process, with final decisions on players being taken by someone other than the manager.

the problem i have with this version of events is that Garcia, being a continental type head coach, wouldnt have expected to have full control over player transfers. Poyet, yes, he's been around the English system long enough to assume complete authority on players. if they both became disillusioned i dont see it would be the same reasons, as they had different expectations and arguably different roles.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not what I've heard, I heard from a highly reliable, well informed source, that both Poyet and Garcia becames disillusioned with the recruitment process, with final decisions on players being taken by someone other than the manager.

Word.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
the problem i have with this version of events is that Garcia, being a continental type head coach, wouldnt have expected to have full control over player transfers. Poyet, yes, he's been around the English system long enough to assume complete authority on players. if they both became disillusioned i dont see it would be the same reasons, as they had different expectations and arguably different roles.
In Garcia's case, I am 100% sure that more than one player was signed after he categorically said that he didn't want him as he wouldn't be able to play in the system that he wanted his side to play.
I am also 100% sure that the board were well aware in advance that Garcia would be leaving after our last game, whether that was the final league game or a play off final victory.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In Garcia's case, I am 100% sure that more than one player was signed after he categorically said that he didn't want him as he wouldn't be able to play in the system that he wanted his side to play.
I am also 100% sure that the board were well aware in advance that Garcia would be leaving after our last game, whether that was the final league game or a play off final victory.

Garcia told them in February that he was leaving - I recall somewhere in the press this was later spun as he had said 'thinking of leaving'. Who knows?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Thats what they all say on the Palace site. There doesn't seem to be any public knowledge how much Uncle Tony is worth, and if it didn't come from him then he is a lier.

No.1. I Never go on any Palace message board, so I have no idea what they have to say on the matter.
No.2 I've never said how much Bloom is worth, there's no doubt he's a very wealthy man, but you'd be an idiot to believe that he has no outside investment
No.3 If you're somehow insinuating I'm a Palace troll, I'm more than willing to meet you for a pint at the Amex before a game, you will be free to inspect my season ticket.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
No.1. I Never go on any Palace message board, so I have no idea what they have to say on the matter.
No.2 I've never said how much Bloom is worth, there's no doubt he's a very wealthy man, but you'd be an idiot to believe that he has no outside investment
No.3 If you're somehow insinuating I'm a Palace troll, I'm more than willing to meet you for a pint at the Amex before a game, you will be free to inspect my season ticket.

Theres a we hate palace that goes on the Palace site. I don't think your a Palace troll (I apologise if you thought I meant that). I don't think he has had outside investment, as he says its his own money and there is no evidence that it isn't.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Haven't read this entire thread but on my FM07 game Bloom sells to a South Korean firm. Probably as good as any rumour in this thread.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Blooms clearly not prepared to put any more dosh in (understandable to a point and FFP does provide him with a ready made reason) so if we don't bring another big investor on board or he doesn't sell where the f**k does that leave us??!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here