Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley's EUROPA League campaign starts in......

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Those that think it is a great draw for Burnley are misguided imo. In terms of the place, lovely though it is (and I really love Scotland) it wouldn't be exactly exotic. I think if you're in Europe for the first time, Scotland is not the place one dreams of.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think the clubs will be happy with this. I can't imagine Aberdeen making much money flying to the Caucasus to play F Qzkykberg, but a tie against Burnley will be a nice little money spinner

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Those that think it is a great draw for Burnley are misguided imo. In terms of the place, lovely though it is (and I really love Scotland) it wouldn't be exactly exotic. I think if you're in Europe for the first time, Scotland is not the place one dreams of.

Not the first time Burnley have been in Europe...it will be third.

A trip to Aberdeen is hardly glamorous, but the alternatives we could have got were not particularly appealing....Armenia, Bosnia, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Albania.

I suppose Cyprus is OK but it is Famagusta (the non-touristyTurkish part with a heavy military presence).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

A trip to Aberdeen is hardly glamorous, but the alternatives we could have got were not particularly appealing....Armenia, Bosnia, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Albania.

I suppose Cyprus is OK but it is Famagusta (the non-touristyTurkish part with a heavy military presence).

Just back from 2 days in Aberdeen. Great city for a party, loads of good places to eat and drink. The Brewdog (more than just Punk) pub on Union Street has a vast number of really interesting beers.

I'd be delighted to go somewhere like Aberdeen if we ever got to the Smurfit Euro's

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Didn't fancy a game at a tiny ground below the Swiss Alps ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Great fixture. No idea why some of you clueless fools dish it. Would love to play a Scottish club in Europe. Would much rather that than some obscure pointless European club

Nothing wrong with playing Aberdeen, but many Burnley fans were bragging that they are playing in Europe.
It's funny because their European tour may end in Scotland..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair, even Aberdeen will seem like another world to people from Burnley.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I laughed when I heard the draw. You battle your arse off all season to go on a "European tour", and end up being sent to Aberdeen. I found that quite funny.

Sorry.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whoever suggested above, that this draw represents a 'cheap trip' has never been to Aberdeen.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A fixture like this makes me very excited for the new football season.

The World Cup is great entertainment (at times) but this tie will have both sets of fans buzzing. Whenever I see a Scottish ground on Sky or BBC Alba I think "I'd love to visit that stadium". Pittodrie looks a typical ground of great character, seeing three of the four stands. It's not that far from Burnley and the TV companies will want to show this.

Hard to pick a winner but Burnley might just show that bit more class. Wouldn't rule out the Dons with Adam Rooney, Niall McGinn and Andrew Considine (they're all ginger!)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Easily accessible from Burnley by road, rail or air;
Not a very expensive trip;
A nice place to go to;
A winnable tie.

Yep, I bet the club secretary is writing a resignation from the competition letter this very minute.............................
It was just a joke GT.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Both clubs have got a strong hooligan element. These clashes will be too good an opportunity to pass up. The average fan travelling away will be very wary of wearing their club's colours near the ground and around the pubs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here