[Albion] Fulham at the Amex

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
On the 26th or 27th December please !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On December 27th 1958, an 11 year old boy who wasn't very good at playing football, watched Brighton and Hove Albion beat Fulham 3-0 from the East terrace of the Goldstone. A Passionate and enduring love affair began that day.
Was that the occasion of our all-time record crowd?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It doesn't matter when we play Fulham, we all know what is going to happen. They will totally out-football us in both games. They will score first in both games. They will miss clear chances and probably a penalty as well. We will get battered in both games. We will defend quite well in both games. We will counter-attack briefly in both games.
We will win both games 2-1.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes it was and as usual, the sceptics claimed that there were a lot more inside the Goldstone.

Really? I was at the second biggest crowd (Bournemouth 1971-72) and I couldn't imagine how they could squeeze any more in! Clinging on to the back of the terraces in the south west corner I certainly didn't have a good view either!

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Was that the occasion of our all-time record crowd?
Yes, I think the gate was officially 36000, but because a few fans found unorthodox means of entry, there were a few more than that there.

JBD

Jul 12, 2009
Zone Q
Really? I was at the second biggest crowd (Bournemouth 1971-72) and I couldn't imagine how they could squeeze any more in! Clinging on to the back of the terraces in the south west corner I certainly didn't have a good view either!

I think Chelsea in the cup 35000 all ticket was the second largest

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think Chelsea in the cup 35000 all ticket was the second largest

35000 at the Bournemouth match. Not sure about the Chelsea cup tie - which one do you mean, '67 or '73? I went to the '73 one and I definitely didn't buy a ticket in advance for that.

D

Deleted member 2719

When was the last time we played Fulham at the cottage on Boxing day, does anyone know???

JBD

Jul 12, 2009
Zone Q
35000 at the Bournemouth match. Not sure about the Chelsea cup tie - which one do you mean, '67 or '73? I went to the '73 one and I definitely didn't buy a ticket in advance for that.

The 67 cup tie ,we had to attend a reserve game a couple of weeks before to get the match ticket. The Bournemouth game was just over 30000.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Rochdale at home? 36k+?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
The most overrated away trip, it's only because our recent record is good that everyone raves about it.

Pros:
Away end is good and big
Is local
In a nice bit of London

Cons
Not particularly near anything
Most pubs rammed and ridiculously expensive
Attracts all the daytrippers

6/10

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions