Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TB fans forum

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think staying in the Premier League for 'many' seasons may be the most difficult part.

Yes - he didn’t seem desperate to get the money out ASAP. If we stay up for several seasons, we’ll see the loans starting to be repaid.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In the last few years there has been a proliferation of European football clubs opening kids football academies/schools in Asia. Any plans for Brighton doing likewise? In tokyo for example...
The Asian market seems relatively untapped so far by the club. I wonder if we’ll be looking at any Japanese or Korean superstars to give our profile a boost in that region.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Will be looking at international exposure in the future, but have to recognise that top 6 hoover up the majority of interest. We will always focus on Brighton and Sussex engagement.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Extremely difficult, if not impossible, to extend the Amex. Even if we could, probably not in the club’s best interests - we have to think that we could realistically be relegated - not good to have 20-25k in a 40k stadium.

I still think we could add at least another 7 rows to the back of the North Stand because of the height between the current back of the stand and roof. This could be done without disturbing the 'ring of steel' that holds the West and East stands up.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Safe standing: while lots of Albion fans are happy for safe standing to be introduced at the Amex, very few would actually take up the offer. It’s also expensive to change infrastructure. It’s not a “no”, but it requires govt to change legislation first.

I think it was agreed by many on here that the survey about safe standing really wasn't very well done.

I would be pretty confident that we would fill a 2500 safe standing area every game. Doesn't the North Stand stand throughout the second half these days anyway? I believe that shows that a good amount of people want to stand. It also improves the atmosphere. It's pretty obvious that the North Stand makes more noise when everyone is standing. I would like to have that for the whole game, not just the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here