Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Policeman's heel

Jul 7, 2003
I found the best type of ball for these exercised was one of the cricket 'wind' balls that they use for junior cricket. It is quite gentle under foot but having the pronounced seam on the ball to massage the foot seemed to help more than any other ball I tried.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Everything so far suggested I would say is good, but also stretching. Not just the calf, but the whole body, it's all connected. Tight muscles cause weak muscles which can cause the abnormalities that lead to issues like this. Flexibility, mobility and generally being supple are massively under valued personally.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Dont get down, be resilient. It will take ages, longer than you expect and will frustrate the hell out of you. But you will get through it one or another

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd endorse what [MENTION=341]Rambo[/MENTION] posted, plus use of the strassbourg sock. Only had a minor case of it myself which was cured with a bit of rest and rolling with a tennis ball, then upgrading to a golf ball and frozen bottle, but I run a lot and know of literally dozens of sufferers (pop over to the NSC official running thread and ask the question, you'll find you're not alone). It's a bugger to shift unfortunately but persevere with the rolling.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I've had it before, but it's recurred now. I can hardly walk on the right foot in the morning. That splint looks worth a go,

I really thought I was the only one in the world that had this freakish heel pain! clearly I'm not.............I have been suffering for about 2 months now and its steadily got worse (Right heel only at the moment) I have just been putting up with the pain, taking Co - Codamol (strongest possible) which have done no good at all, that said I've been taking them for so long now for a past back operation, I fear I'm immune to them.................thanks to reading this thread I have just used an ice cold frozen gel pad and it feels a bit better already :)

As always thank you NSC :thumbsup:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I thought my Wife was just making this up. Now it's on NSC it must be real. I know she is in pain a lot which costs me as she buys expensive inlays for her shoes.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Seems like half of NSC had this, how did you get it and how to avoid it!?

Probably caused by poor arch / heel support and walking long distances in shoes that aren't design for it (such as commuting to work in smart shoes)

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I really thought I was the only one in the world that had this freakish heel pain! clearly I'm not.............I have been suffering for about 2 months now and its steadily got worse (Right heel only at the moment) I have just been putting up with the pain, taking Co - Codamol (strongest possible) which have done no good at all, that said I've been taking them for so long now for a past back operation, I fear I'm immune to them.................thanks to reading this thread I have just used an ice cold frozen gel pad and it feels a bit better already :)

As always thank you NSC :thumbsup:

But you should definitely get one of those night splints (or Strassburg Socks as someone else called them). Just wear overnight in bed and gradually it eases the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here