Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Drunk on a passenger aircraft.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cabin Crew to blame too. On a flight BACK from Spain on Easyjet the cabin crew kept selling these girls drinks knowing that they were quite drunk. Then they wondered why the girls threw up everywhere as we were coming into land...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
you see more pissed up people on trains out of victoria than you ever see on a flight. You dont see anyone clamouring for the whistlestop shop to restrict sales of small cans of gin and tonic to two a person.

If I'm on a train, it's usually for max of about an hour, and if someone is being obnoxious, I can move carriages. Not so great if Mr Eightpints for Breakfast is sat next to you on a 13 hour flight.....................

Agree with comments above - can't/shouldn't stop people drinking, but severe penalties needed for causing any real problems on flights.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
just keep drinking then

Exactly.

Few beers before the flight. Couple of the stubbies on 'offer' two for £8 or something silly on the plane. Little respite on the transfer the other end then straight to the hotel bar once you are settled at your digs.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Exactly.

Few beers before the flight. Couple of the stubbies on 'offer' two for £8 or something silly on the plane. Little respite on the transfer the other end then straight to the hotel bar once you are settled at your digs.

We have very different ideas of what holidays are all about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The answer is simple, don’t sell alcohol at airports. Why people feel the need to get pissed up before flying is beyond me. As for people drinking at 7.00 in the morning, wtf is wrong with you?

Bit OTT IMHO. I do support the ban of mass produced lagers, Prosecco and any composite drink which comes in a jug surrounded by 5 bottle blond orange “tanned” screeching cackling females though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The answer is simple, don’t sell alcohol at airports. Why people feel the need to get pissed up before flying is beyond me. As for people drinking at 7.00 in the morning, wtf is wrong with you?

Ah the good old authoritarian approach, a bit like a class detention at school when one pupil caused trouble.

For me, I'd just ban anyone who starts a fight on a plane from flying, permanently.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
you see more pissed up people on trains out of victoria than you ever see on a flight. You dont see anyone clamouring for the whistlestop shop to restrict sales of small cans of gin and tonic to two a person.

Bit easier to deal with people on a train than at 35,000ft though innit?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Merseyrail don’t allow drinking on any of their trains or stations and will eject anyone drunk (once the train has stopped!).

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Bit easier to deal with people on a train than at 35,000ft though innit?

not with just one driver at the front doing 100 miles an hour, compared to a full team of trained people with plastic cuffs, an air marshall and very severe penalties behind them.

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
New figures show more flights than ever are having problems with passenger behaviour on board a plane due to passengers being drunk. Quite what the answer is i am not sure but a simple breath test like as in a car has been suggested and if our the limit you don't board plus the option of no refund. We have been lucky all our flights have been trouble free (and long may that continue) with so many flights almost 24/7 often early morning departure times you can often be at your destination well before lunchtime. We travel clear headed,arrive unpack and then chillax without the need to sleep it off. https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/drunk-airline-plane-passengers-alcohol-flights-flying/

How has nobody picked up on the OPs use of the word 'chillax'? That should be banned before alcohol in airports!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I almost never drink before a flight because I usually catch an early flight out and I usually hire a car when I get there. I have no problem with people getting absolutely slaughtered, should they so choose, as long as they don't cause me any grief.

On a related note, don't you get more pissed if you drink on a plane, due to the lower pressure ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here