Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conspiracy Theorists

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
If they want to engage with you and you don't want to waste your time ask them what evidence they would need to prove their theory wrong. When they tell you no evidence could do that they are also pointing out there is no point talking to them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's worth listening the to podcast I cite, purely because they lay the case for the invasion (and need for it) quite convincingly.

you cant summarise, or point to independent sources, say some news articles of prominent politicians, business people advancing the agenda? have to go by someone's personal theory. i know, do my own research, etc...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
its my observation, from many years study of conspiracy theorists, that they do tend to believe a large number of them. i put this down to being in the proximity, and the mind set that emerges of not trusting anything official/the alternative must be true (even when different theories conflict and contradict).
I put it down to them being extremely unintelligent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
People need to do their own research, reach their own informed conclusions instead of trying to get thumbs up on football forums for their witticisms.
Seriously, is that the best you've got? That those of us who don't believe some of the CT bullshit are simply trying to be popular? That's pathetic.

Short of flying to the US and interviewing witnesses, doing your own research simply means reading some articles and watching some videos. Many people here have done that, and come to the conclusion that the towers were brought down by jets.

There are some conspiracy theorists that believe the jets didn't exist, and were added to video footage by CGI, there are others that believe they weren't jets, they were drones, and others believe they were hit by jets, but that the buildings were brought down by explosives despite the jets. If you have a believable theory with evidence then post away, people won't take the piss if it makes sense and holds water.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The problem with most conspiracies is that the organisations behind the conspiracies are not researched.

Around 2003 I was introduced to passages from Carroll Quigley's 'Tragedy & Hope', but at 1300 pages of small print I was never going to read it. Then I read Gary Allen's 'None Dare Call it Conspiracy' Which basically Cherry Picks from Quigley's work.

I then had no problem accepting that 9/11 was a hoax, as in not carried out by a bunch of looney Muslims. People need to do their own research, reach their own informed conclusions instead of trying to get thumbs up on football forums for their witticisms.

Seriously, is that the best you've got? That those of us who don't believe some of the CT bullshit are simply trying to be popular? That's pathetic.

Short of flying to the US and interviewing witnesses, doing your own research simply means reading some articles and watching some videos. Many people here have done that, and come to the conclusion that the towers were brought down by jets.

There are some conspiracy theorists that believe the jets didn't exist, and were added to video footage by CGI, there are others that believe they weren't jets, they were drones, and others believe they were hit by jets, but that the buildings were brought down by explosives despite the jets. If you have a believable theory with evidence then post away, people won't take the piss if it makes sense and holds water.

Not to mention that the book cited is hatstand right wing nonsense of the finest order, alleging that Jewish big business collaborated with the communists and that America is heading for communism due to conspiracies (someone should tell Trump :lolol: ). And was published in the 60s over 30 years BEFORE 9/11.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

In my experience, this rarely, if ever happens. As I suggested on the other thread, I think that the reason people don't share complete theories or even complete information is that they simple don't have them (Hence asking for a theory on Sandy Hook for over a week and still not getting anything but abuse and evasion).

The way information is collected and collated is disorganised and unscientific, this means that 'facts' are linked from one theory to another. The 'rabbit hole' method of research makes it very hard to actually piece together an alternative theory that makes any sense. This is why on conspiracy theory threads on NSC you get a lot of questioning statements about how things look odd and look at this crazy coincidence. This ignores the fact that actually quite often things are weird and coincidental. This is of course why they so often ask us Sheeple to 'Do your own research" because the only way to 'get' some of this stuff is to dive down the rabbit hole making the same suspect links.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In my experience, this is what rarely if ever happens. As I suggested on the other thread, I think that the reason people don't share complete theories or even complete information is that they simple don't have them...
Well indeed, I'm not really expecting him to post a credible theory, I'm just saying that he won't get mocked if he does.

In the CT discussions over recent days, the CTs haven't answered simple questions about their theory, they have just changed the subject and dodged the question. I don't understand these people.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well indeed, I'm not really expecting him to post a credible theory, I'm just saying that he won't get mocked if he does.

In the CT discussions over recent days, the CTs haven't answered simple questions about their theory, they have just changed the subject and dodged the question. I don't understand these people.

I agree, I wasn't intending to mock when I ask the question. I am always interested in the different ways people view the world.

Like you say though often when you start to ask questions people become evasive and abusive.

That said there are posters on this thread you can have a discussion with.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree, I wasn't intending to mock when I ask the question. I am always interested in the different ways people view the world.
I think most of us are. I doubt many of us have much trust in our governments, and I'm completely ready to take on an alternative theory, but it has to at least stand up to 5 minutes of thought.

I also understand that when there is a government cover-up, it's in the governments interests to create mad conspiracy theories that no one (no intelligent person) could believe, just to make us believe that any alternative theory is made up. I won't fall for that. Just because some idiots say that nothing flew into the towers and that it was CGI, that doesn't mean I won't listen to other views.

The hardest theory to disprove is presumably the idea that the US knew the attacks were coming, and they chose not to stop them (eg, perhaps they didn't expect the disaster to be as great as it was). But no one here seems to be supporting that theory anyway, we've just got the mad ones.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They did know it was going to happen.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No they didn't! It says on google not to mention all the YouTube videos of experts disproving your theory.
There's also videos of experts proving explosives were used

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
erm, eh hmmm, ahhh errr... tinfoil hatter!
Too many unanswered questions, look back at the thousands of cover ups and atrocities around the world, it's not that mad to think it could've been set up

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
you cant summarise, or point to independent sources, say some news articles of prominent politicians, business people advancing the agenda? have to go by someone's personal theory. i know, do my own research, etc...

That's a fair point you make, perhaps not fair of me to point to a podcast and simply say "it's over there". The main reason, which won't surprise people, is oil. Invading Afghanistan and then Iraq was crucial in this aspect (see here for a good article). This article unwraps the difficulty the US govt had initially in linking Bin-Laden directly to the attacks which was necessary in terms of invading Afghanistan.

There's also the argument that Afghanistan represented a huge opportunity for the US strategically (not just oil, well, sort of)

Anyway, hopefully these will either inform your arguments either way.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Lives mean diggly squat when power and money are up for grabs, you only have to look at the Tories, Trump, Kim..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here