Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
22K season ticket holders wanting 3K away tickets, which go on sale at 10am. Those who can't access the internet at 10am, or have their internet access limited to works software only will never get tickets.

Open the window at 6pm then, or 10am at the weekend.

And only a fraction of the 22,000 can be bothered with away games, so that's an exaggeration.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
It's been posted several times but 1325 tickets were sold, and 652 went through the turnstiles. I've seen several posts from people that wanted to buy tickets for Bournemouth, both on Nsc and Facebook, but were unable to go, because the tickets had sold out by teatime. Not everyone can access the ticket site from work, and a couple of Dads wanted to take their young sons, who wouldn't have enough points for the first tranche.
So fans did miss out, because 700 people bought tickets but didn't go.

How many? 4? 400? 4,000?

I don't believe that anyone who really wanted to go to the Bournemouth cup game couldn't have got a ticket, especially if there were 673 people who bought them with no intention of going and probably would have sold them on.

I've taken my son to Fulham (twice), MK Dons, Leeds, Ipswich (twice), Forest and Charlton in the past couple of seasons but I've been to more away games than him and I'm in a different loyalty points band, so there is no chance of me taking him to any of the premium away games this season. I don't think that's fair, but there's nothing I can do about it. And the more I go to, the further apart we get.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How many? 4? 400? 4,000?

I don't believe that anyone who really wanted to go to the Bournemouth cup game couldn't have got a ticket, especially if there were 673 people who bought them with no intention of going and probably would have sold them on.

I've taken my son to Fulham (twice), MK Dons, Leeds, Ipswich (twice), Forest and Charlton in the past couple of seasons but I've been to more away games than him and I'm in a different loyalty points band, so there is no chance of me taking him to any of the premium away games this season. I don't think that's fair, but there's nothing I can do about it. And the more I go to, the further apart we get.

I don't care whether you believe it or not. There were over 600 unused tickets which deprived people who wanted to go.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes, yet again the baby boomers thinking only of themselves, pensions, leaving the EU, houses, free uni, jobs and now loyalty points. Oldies should adopt a youngster, like me. Donate your loayalty points

Didn't go to uni, voted remain, and worked for 50 years, paying into my pension. I deserve what I've got.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
But with the current online system, you are allocated a random place in the queue, so not effectively first come first served.

How about doing away with online and telephone bookings and going back to queuing at the ticket office. This way all the JCLs get to enjoy the way everyone used to queue down Newtown Road and around the block in the rain or sunshine for many hours and then to be told sorry sold out.

I'm just getting the sleeping bag and flask out so I can start queuing straight after the Newcastle game for the next ticket release.

Could we also go back in time and kidnap Tim Berners-Lee to stop him inventing the internet?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
22K season ticket holders wanting 3K away tickets, which go on sale at 10am. Those who can't access the internet at 10am, or have their internet access limited to works software only will never get tickets.
Life's tough but I am sure that people with one iota of intelligence will be able to work round that problem (eg get someone to do it for them).

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
There should be no points awarded for away games. Rules for purchasing for away games should be similar to those for home games with the priority going to season ticket holders, irrespective of where in the ground they sit. It will at least allow a wider selection of fans to experience away matches, rather than an elite few.

I agree with this, except I would award the same number of points for attendance to a home match as to an away, with the away points being accrued and awarded at the end of the season to discourage a repeat of the Bournemouth scenario.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
How many? 4? 400? 4,000?

I am not sure your assertion that anyone could have got hold of a ticket if they wanted is true, those that bought for the loyalty points and not to attend probably couldn't be bothered with the hassle and possible trouble they would get into by selling their cheap ticket...

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I just wanted to see Brighton play ONE away game this season. Is it too much to ask? First I'm shafted by people who hoard the tickets for loyalty points then I have to deal with the condescension of you and others? Thanks a million guv

I'm just being playful. As I've said before, I think the system is as fair as it's possible to be. If you've put in the hard miles, you'll get a ticket. Bournemouth was a situation entirely of the clubs making. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up tickets for the less glamorous games. Hope so anyway.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
I'm just being playful. As I've said before, I think the system is as fair as it's possible to be. If you've put in the hard miles, you'll get a ticket. Bournemouth was a situation entirely of the clubs making. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up tickets for the less glamorous games. Hope so anyway.

I disagree. As a season ticket holder on 209 points I put in 160 "hard miles" for a home game, but I doubt I'll have a chance to purchase many away tickets.

I think all future games should not have their points announced prior to purchase. The loyalty awarded should then be derived from the % of our allocation was attended, with games with lowest % getting most loyalty and those high up only getting a few (maybe next to none or none for reduced price cup games).

There is no perfect system, but hopefully such a system stops people from gaining bigger rewards from mass non-attendance.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Could we also go back in time and kidnap Tim Berners-Lee to stop him inventing the internet?

You'll probably find some plans for a time machine on the internet.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ahh look...The fans that couldn't be bothered going to away games in the championship now feel they have the right to go to away games in the premier league.... Funny that!

Come on Nutz we all know you are a superfan and go to every match, fair play to you. But this this isn't a thread for cock wavers like you to pipe up and totally miss the point of what the thread is about. :D

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

[Pedant alert]TBL didn't invent the Internet - that had a variety of fathers: Leonard Kleinrock, Ray Tomlinson, Vint Cerf, Bob Kahn, Jon Postel, Paul Mockapetris and a few more.

Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web, something very different

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, yet again the baby boomers thinking only of themselves, pensions, leaving the EU, houses, free uni, jobs and now loyalty points. Oldies should adopt a youngster, like me. Donate your loayalty points

And yet all these EU flag waving, homeless, uneducated, jobless victims of the loyalty points scheme didn't want tickets to Preston last season. It's all a bit petulant and immature isn't it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Written by someone who bought a ticket and didn't go by the sounds of it. At the very least those who selfishly bought tickets with no intention of going should lose all loyalty points so far this season and even better if they were banned for a period of time or even banned from buying tickets for the matches like Man U, Spurs, Chelsea etc this season so the loyalty points they got are worthless

Or someone who had friends and family who were amongst the shameful 650.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here