Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsene Wenger is FINNISH

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
By the way, we did the double over Boro.
You want to talk about doubles?

Brighton doubles over Palace since the war:
50/51
51/52
55/56
57/58
75/76
80/81
83/84

Palace doubles over Brighton since the war:

PS - I'm not currently looking them up, and planning to add them to this post. That is it, that's the full list.

:lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thing is, you probably won't give us that good a game. The gulf between Championship and Premier League is bigger than you imagine. I would liken you to Boro. Not a bad side, came up but found lacking and subsequently going back down. By the way, we did the double over Boro.

Boro equals Brighton for next year.

We were effectively ONE goal worse than Boro last season. And we're FAR better than we were last season.

So no.

For every Boro, there's a Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth. Our infrastructure is lightyears ahead of those clubs.

No reason we can't make a good fist of it with the right purchases.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I haven't been hiding.

Anyway, ennui is setting in from beating teams like Chelsea and Arsenal. We need a real challenge.

Bring on the mighty Albion! Can't wait to applaud their stars as they warm up at Selhurst. This will be the yardstick that our season is measured against.

You come across as a decent palarse fan (no such thing)
You never conned me - cheerio :moo:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We were effectively ONE goal worse than Boro last season. And we're FAR better than we were last season.

So no.

For every Boro, there's a Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth. Our infrastructure is lightyears ahead of those clubs.

No reason we can't make a good fist of it with the right purchases.

Our infrastructure is lights years above those clubs but what good did it do to us . 4 years in the premier league for what :down:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Our infrastructure is lights years above those clubs but what good did it do to us . 4 years in the premier league for what :down:

Your academy was downgraded, your stadium is an utter pile of shite and you've got questionable owners. What infrastructure?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Your academy was downgraded, your stadium is an utter pile of shite and you've got questionable owners. What infrastructure?

It's all there . It's what you do on the pitch that counts .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's all there . It's what you do on the pitch that counts .

I'm not certain you know what the word infrastructure means. So by that logic, Portsmouth's infrastructure was great when they were leading AC Milan at Fratton Park and winning the FA Cup.

All ended happily, didn't it?

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm not certain you know what the word infrastructure means. So by that logic, Portsmouth's infrastructure was great when they were leading AC Milan at Fratton Park and winning the FA Cup.

All ended happily didn't it?

They performed on the pitch and yes they have had a sorry time of it but they are a proper club . Not every club has the luxury of getting £250 m in handouts do they .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They performed on the pitch and yes they have had a sorry time of it but they are a proper club . Not every club has the luxury of getting £250 m in handouts do they .

Ahhhhh.....so despite all our excellent work in the community, our sensible careful owner, doing things the right way, not screwing over small businesses or behaving unethically, all that's for nothing because it turns out we're

not a proper club, unlike Portsmouth.

Genius. You should go on Question Time with debating skills like that.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Ahhhhh.....so despite all our excellent work in the community, our sensible careful owner, doing things the right way, not screwing over small businesses or behaving unethically, all that's for nothing because it turns out we're

not a proper club, unlike Portsmouth.

Genius. You should go on Question Time with debating skills like that.

I didn't Imply that .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's being addressed I believe .

So you agree, your infrastructure isn't light years above Burnley or Watford. As for being addressed - It was highlighted over 3 years ago how bad the situation was at Selhurst Park. It's right here in black and white http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26662957 Since then your club has pocketed over £300 million quid, spent it all on players and managers and done absolutely nothing about it. Last year they spent about 0.3% of turnover on infrastructure. So no - your club has not really addressed it. If things carry on as they are you will get points docked, and rightly so, which puts paid to the lie that it's just what you do on the pitch that counts. Infrastructure matters too and yours is tinpot.

And you reckon your infrastructure is light years ahead of Boro who have a top notch 35k seater stadium and also have a Cat 1 football academy. Your club is in the same pool as Barnsley, Coventry and Bolton. Once again, you are not light years ahead of Boro with your infrastructure.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I didn't Imply that .

Well, you referred to Portsmouth as a "proper" club (whatever that means), and then talked about our £250m "handout" the very next sentence.

Are we lucky to have Tony Bloom? Of course we are. No one disputes that.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So you agree, your infrastructure isn't light years above Burnley or Watford. As for being addressed - It was highlighted over 3 years ago how bad the situation was at Selhurst Park. It's right here in black and white http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26662957 Since then your club has pocketed over £300 million quid, spent it all on players and managers and done absolutely nothing about it. Last year they spent about 0.3% of turnover on infrastructure. So no - your club has not really addressed it.

And you reckon your infrastructure is light years ahead of Boro who have a top notch 35k seater stadium and also have a Cat 1 football academy. Your club is in the same pool as Barnsley, Coventry and Bolton. Once again, you are not light years ahead of Boro with your infrastructure.

It's all about opinions . My initial point is it doesn't matter what the infrastructure is like it's all about how you perform on the pitch . Your infrastructure was non excistant until you got it given to you free yet you tend to sneer at any club you deem has inferior facilities . Your set up will mean for nothing next year if you struggle on the pitch . I like selhurst and I will be there next season when we get back to our regular 10,000 regulars .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well, you referred to Portsmouth as a "proper" club (whatever that means), and then talked about our £250m "handout" the very next sentence.

Are we lucky to have Tony Bloom? Of course we are. No one disputes that.

Two different points . Pompey are a proper club whose fans ( like ourselfs ) helped save their club . You have been given a massive leg up and fair play for bloom in doing that but it will mean sod all next season if you struggle .

Edit , I've answered two questions in a similar vein , sorry for that .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here