Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Embarrassing you at the Amex
Showing you what an atmosphere is
Not putting up with the majority of neutrals that make up your fanbase.

Take your pick Nobby.

Same old shite. You really are a misinformed fool.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Thing is, you probably won't give us that good a game. The gulf between Championship and Premier League is bigger than you imagine. I would liken you to Boro. Not a bad side, came up but found lacking and subsequently going back down. By the way, we did the double over Boro.

Boro equals Brighton for next year.

It was obvious that Boro would struggle. Last season they had a very tight defence, particularly at home, but were poor going forward and were low scorers in the championship. They only scored 63 last season. Functional and hard to beat works for the championship but they proved it's a pointless strategy in the PL.
We have more quality this season than they had last. You're right though with regards the step up, but we'll be fine in that department. We have a good squad that will be added to over the summer.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Im confused; do teams usually score 3 goals when parking the bus?

We created far more chances than Arsenal. I've just watched the game back on sky and the general consensus during the analysis was that it could easily have been 4 or 5 nil.

We were absolutely brilliant tonight. Allardyce is getting 100% effort out of an exceptionally talented squad and we're reaping the rewards. I'm very much looking forward to our games next season, I just hope we can convince Zaha to stay so that he can run rings around you again :clap:

Yes I can see you played the counter attack game. Let Arsenal have it, defend and break.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It was obvious that Boro would struggle. Last season they had a very tight defence, particularly at home, but were poor going forward and were low scorers in the championship. They only scored 63 last season. Functional and hard to beat works for the championship but they proved it's a pointless strategy in the PL.
We have more quality this season than they had last. You're right though with regards the step up, but we'll be fine in that department. We have a good squad that will be added to over the summer.

What makes the Boro situation even stranger is they have not even tried, even when they were losing games - I fell asleep at WHL watch the Spurs Boro game this season.

It is the worst game I have witnessed in years.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yes I can see you played the counter attack game. Let Arsenal have it, defend and break.

I think you will have a similar system next season as it works , just a shame we changed to it too late .

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Give it a rest bitter boy. Coming from the footballing hotbed of 'Brighton'???

I remember you saying we'd get 11 pts and stay in the prem for 5 minutes, now hopefully 5 seasons.

Even when you get your sh*t together after 35 years of being pony, you're in our shadow. Look forward to the usual next year.

Yes, but we have spent twenty years rebuilding our club from scratch, to the point where we are on the verge of being a Premier League club, with twenty-first-century infrastructure, rather than a twice-in-administration Premier League club with mid-twentieth-century infrastructure.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010

Take your pick Nobby.

Disagree.

However, you definitely win the prize for the shittest stickers.

1zdnskj.jpg

Now fúck off.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think you will have a similar system next season as it works , just a shame we changed to it too late .

Hughton tries to keep things solid. We will have to grow into the Prem so it won't be an easy start. The last time we stepped up we got beat 0-4 by Arsenal. Hopefully we will be better prepared than then if we get promoted this season.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Take your pick Nobby.

Remind me what your shithouse fanbase was in the championship compared to the Premier League.... Come on...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I thought this as well. Play 4-2-3-1 in the Championship might be worth an extra goal not conceded but there is no scope to be more defensive if you get promoted.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He's a luxury player, great if you don't need to do much defending and will have a lot of the ball. Definitely not a player suited to the PL

Özil is a very, very good footballer. Yes, he is a luxury but most teams play with just one of those and as bunch of tackling midfielders to compliment them. Only Wenger would consistently show the hubris of backing them up with a midfield of Xhaka (who cannot tackle without getting sent off); Walcott (never even seen him attempt a tackle); Ramsey (another number 10); that Spanish guy whose name I have forgotten (yet another number 10) and Sanchez (a centre forward). If Özil is lucky he might have Elneny or Coquelin around who can tackle, badly.

Now imagine Özil backed up by Kante and Matic. Getting given the ball straight after his team have won it back. Look how much more effective Hazard is now that happens with him. Wenger is shit, Özil is one of the best players in the world at what he does.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here