Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Movie remakes that shouldn't have happened..

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm not sure you can count* TV movies really. But I love the original actor was called Scott Plank!

(*if there are any rules in this thread!)

I have a soft spot (or possibly guilty pleasure) for Spielberg's WOTW. It's probably Cruises best film bar Magnolia, and Spielbergs best of the last 10 years (although that's not saying a lot)

Lincoln ? Also I LOVE War Horse. I know a lot didn't but it worked for me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Funny Games remake was vile. I hated it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
War Horse live is being shown at the Brighton Marina on 27/2.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Absolutely no need to make a Hollywood remake of the Norwegian film Troll Hunter. An excellent horror mockumentary with comedy moments. If you have not seen yet you are missing a treat.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Absolutely no need to make a Hollywood remake of the Norwegian film Troll Hunter. An excellent horror mockumentary with comedy moments. If you have not seen yet you are missing a treat.

I concur. A real treat. For heavens sake they will be remaking Dog Soldiers soon.

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
I know it was a bit of a marmite film but I read recently that they're gonna remake starship troopers but as a serious action movie, similar to the total recall remake. It was the comedy aspects of these films that made them classics IMO. Love the propaganda news reels in starship troopers.

Yoda

English & European
Tim Burton fare from the past decade or so could be included, if we're willing to put in his renditions of Wonderland and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Apes and especially Charlie and the Choc were abysmal and stainers of a legacy.

I think following on from this, any remake that has Johnny Depp as the lead.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Tim Burton fare from the past decade or so could be included, if we're willing to put in his renditions of Wonderland and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

what is Burton's Alice in Wonderland remaking? it not like any other Alice film i've seen, its rather the demonstration of how you can or should revisit a book or other films, by re-imagining it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Has Godzilla been mentioned? Loved it when I was a kid but upon re-watching recently I realised it was a steaming pile of :shit:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I find it hard to class films where the source material is a book or short story as a "remake". To take "The Thing" as an example, John Carpenter's "remake" was based on the short story "Who goes there?" by John W. Campbell. A story about a shape-shifting alien set in The Arctic. Carpenter's film was much closer to the book than the first "The Thing from Another World", which was just another 50s B-movie "man in a rubber suit" monster flick, which happened to be set in The Arctic.

Some "remakes" are actually more faithful adaptations of the original novels and novellas and thus not "remakes" at all IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here