Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We couldn't have asked for an easier first 6 matches yet have only taken 7 points, which is a concern. I know it's too early to look at league tables but I think our current position will be about where we will finish come May.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We couldn't have asked for an easier first 6 matches yet have only taken 7 points, which is a concern. I know it's too early to look at league tables but I think our current position will be about where we will finish come May.

The only saving grace i think is that it's a new team and manager because it's a poor start no matter how you dress it up.

The trouble for me is that the negative vibes started in pre season where we were poor also. I go into games under Hyypia not confident one bit.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The midfielders need to do more defensively when the fullbacks go forward. Seems that they aren't filling the holes when either Calde or Bennett bomb forward. Need to be more like Bridcutt in that regard.

This. Think we need to start with Ince or Toko alongside Holla, and I'd rather have Bruno at right back too.

Cloggie

Feb 21, 2012
The midfielders need to do more defensively when the fullbacks go forward. Seems that they aren't filling the holes when either Calde or Bennett bomb forward. Need to be more like Bridcutt in that regard.
Agree totally. Much too narrow and we got turned over down the flanks.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sadly we seem to have a good team on paper, but which gets beaten on the pitch.

Not a good start to the season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have just spoken to my brother who due to holidays was seeing the team for the frst time this season and asked his initial view.

Not impressed with Stockdale at fault for at least 1 goal. The defence dont know what they are supposed to be doing and Calderon was very weak, slow and caught out of position too often if we are to continue this system we need a quick right back. Created a number of chances and will score goals but will give away more than we score.

Seems much like my view so far this season.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I worry what a good side will do against us.
Still don't like the formation/style. Brentford showed us how to play with proper wide men

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Or do the full backs need to stop bombing forward every time we have the ball? There is a line between attacking and going gun-ho at all times.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Have just spoken to my brother who due to holidays was seeing the team for the frst time this season and asked his initial view.

Not impressed with Stockdale ag fault for ag least 1 goal. The defence dont know what they are supposed to be doing and Calderon was very weak, slow and caught out of position too often if we are to continue this system we need a quick right back. Created a number of chances and will score goals but will give away more than we score.

Seems much like my view so far this season.

How was he at fault for any of the goals, let alone the first?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Not sure I can. I don't get to see many games ,but i do want to see us competing. Mid table is not good enough IMO.
We appear to be a mid-table side,this is okay providing we play attractive football at home and knock in a decent number of goals,this will keep attendances up, we can pick a strong defensive team away from home to pick up the odd point:eek::eek:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Mid table at BEST.

We have only beaten a very poor Bolton and crisis club Leeds.

ANOTHER manager who is unproven and has not coached at this level with an inexperienced number two.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I still stick with my 15t position this season or though it may well be lower.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here