Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Looked like he was holding the back of his leg just above the knee from the highlights.

image.jpg

:(

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, anyone know the latest on the Bong and Stephens injury situation ?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
The physio was bending it like he was trying to loosen it up. Must admit, at that point i did not think it was serious. Fingers crossed.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
But that would be better than ACL, right?

Depends how bad it is.

I did a couple of ankle ligaments a few years ago and was out for 3 months.
So as a complete guess, if it is what I think it is, 2 months best case - 6 months worst.

I'm just anxious in finding out exactly what the injury is, hoping for news today.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So difficult to tell. The whole knee joint can go into like a shock, swell up and show all the signs of a serious ruptured ligament or cartilage, but in fact settle down quite quickly in some cases without any serious damage. Some players experience a stretch of the muscles and ligaments without full tears or ruptures so that it can heal fairly quickly. Here's hoping anyway.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounded like a slight strain, nothing more. Wondered whether there was an element of 'resting him', with Reading coming up.

Some might say that it wasn't a great move to rest Stephens in the same match that Kayal was suspended, but perhaps that would be too overcritical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here