Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How have you/will you use your extra hour today?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Went down to Rottingdean for U18s football, the extra hour was wasted on the extra journey time there and back as Falmer Road was closed (between the Amex and Woodingdean).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Painted the spare room. Cleaned the oven.

What a day.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A day to be outside. Cycle on the Downs Link to Shoreham. Coffee at the cafe at the end of Worthing Pier (recommended), bought some Sole on the front. Called in at a friends beach hut at Widewater - cake and coffee. Home. Filleted and breaded sole and fried with new potatoes, peas, and carrot mash. Food of Kings. Bottle of Theakstons. Happy day.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
A day to be outside. Cycle on the Downs Link to Shoreham. Coffee at the cafe at the end of Worthing Pier (recommended), bought some Sole on the front. Called in at a friends beach hut at Widewater - cake and coffee. Home. Filleted and breaded sole and fried with new potatoes, peas, and carrot mash. Food of Kings. Bottle of Theakstons. Happy day.

New Potatoes ?? Late October.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Extra hour asleep. And Jesus ****ing H Christ I needed it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
As i hurt the damaged bit of my spine by running for 30 minutes at a snail with a damaged back's pace, i bumped into an old friend who has become a hipster thanks to the relationship he is in and the area he was forced to move to which insists on facial hair and rolled-up jeans. He and i chatted for a few minutes and i trotted home slowly. Once back home, i dried my face and idled over to the Hackney Picturehouse for a 10.30am showing of that Martian film. Sold out, but for one seat. What the blue biggins! Could the girlfriend just sit on top of me, i thought. Nah. And off we went for a walk instead. When dong so, we wandered past and then lurked in the vicinity of a local city farm, listening to a rooster crow and a particularly slender and long-necked duck scamper about quite amusingly - i was sure i saw a donkey watching it also with a wry masticating grin. We had a nap on our return, an hour in length, so maybe that's when we had the extra. Or afterwards at a local French cafe, where we like a lovely quiche mit salad of a Sunday, in which today was almost empty until in walked a girl of 7 or 8 flashing at a gay couple sat behind us and another couple wandering in to talk loudly over how one of them had become an atheist after a terrible bout of typhoid as a 17 year old. A bit odd. We were there for an hour though, so it counts. Also, there, we were now known by the head waitress. She knew of our hot drink selection. That doesn't happen much to me, being remembered, as i slide quietly in and out places. I am not sure i liked it. Then home we spent more than an hour trying to work out why my laptop wifi connection is so much weaker than the girlfriend's. Turned lots of things on and off, but haven't much got anywhere. Still, it was time spent. And my, what a day of it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Now that was time well spent MB.

Busily going nowhere,
Laughing the whole day through,
Trying to find lots of things not to do.
I'd love to be unhappy but ..........
I never do have the time.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
As i hurt the damaged bit of my spine by running for 30 minutes at a snail with a damaged back's pace, i bumped into an old friend who has become a hipster thanks to the relationship he is in and the area he was forced to move to which insists on facial hair and rolled-up jeans. He and i chatted for a few minutes and i trotted home slowly. Once back home, i dried my face and idled over to the Hackney Picturehouse for a 10.30am showing of that Martian film. Sold out, but for one seat. What the blue biggins! Could the girlfriend just sit on top of me, i thought. Nah. And off we went for a walk instead. When dong so, we wandered past and then lurked in the vicinity of a local city farm, listening to a rooster crow and a particularly slender and long-necked duck scamper about quite amusingly - i was sure i saw a donkey watching it also with a wry masticating grin. We had a nap on our return, an hour in length, so maybe that's when we had the extra. Or afterwards at a local French cafe, where we like a lovely quiche mit salad of a Sunday, in which today was almost empty until in walked a girl of 7 or 8 flashing at a gay couple sat behind us and another couple wandering in to talk loudly over how one of them had become an atheist after a terrible bout of typhoid as a 17 year old. A bit odd. We were there for an hour though, so it counts. Also, there, we were now known by the head waitress. She knew of our hot drink selection. That doesn't happen much to me, being remembered, as i slide quietly in and out places. I am not sure i liked it. Then home we spent more than an hour trying to work out why my laptop wifi connection is so much weaker than the girlfriend's. Turned lots of things on and off, but haven't much got anywhere. Still, it was time spent. And my, what a day of it.

Huh? Could you repeat?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I spent TWO hours in the BRIGHELMET in West Street with a FULL English instead of ONE

I was there too. Extra hash browns, no egg. Splendid.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We should be on the same time as mainland Europe. We are the only ones on our longitude that choose gmt. Everyone else is plus 1 and get longer days as their nights end at 10.30pm instead of 9.30pm and in Summer the sun doesn't come through their window at 3.50 am?!!!! Joke!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here