Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Snooker Sweepstake

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Let's get the boys on the baize!

17 days of exhilarating world class snooker beginning on BBC2 now.

Good luck everyone.....

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I am going tonight. Thought there was a chance of seeing Mark Davis, not entirely clear who is on which table. But I think it'll be Mark Allen - really don't like him so hope other chap wins.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
I am going tonight. Thought there was a chance of seeing Mark Davis, not entirely clear who is on which table. But I think it'll be Mark Allen - really don't like him so hope other chap wins.

Enjoy I am there Sunday table 2, hopefully will see Judd Trump - I hope Mark Davis does well this year I think he may reach last 8

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Looks like my sweepstake is done and dusted for another year

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Enjoy I am there Sunday table 2, hopefully will see Judd Trump - I hope Mark Davis does well this year I think he may reach last 8

Trump was awful today, bag of nerves. Doesn't frighten people too much any more. Hopefully he will get back to the player he once threatened to be!

Went to watch final day of qualifiers which turned out to be amazing fun, way cheaper too and much more snooker. Might skip crucible stage next year and just watch that.

Are you local? Its easy enough for me as I live in Sheffield now.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
Trump was awful today, bag of nerves. Doesn't frighten people too much any more. Hopefully he will get back to the player he once threatened to be!

Went to watch final day of qualifiers which turned out to be amazing fun, way cheaper too and much more snooker. Might skip crucible stage next year and just watch that.

Are you local? Its easy enough for me as I live in Sheffield now.

Agree about Trump the aura has disappeared

Shoreham , 4 of us driving up Saturday we usually spend a few hours in the pubs around the cue-zone in the afternoon. Out Saturday evening then take in a couple of sessions on the Sunday. I like Sheffield great city. I heard the qualifiers were good some big names knocked out.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

St. Leonards' Mark Davis IS in action against Dominic Dale while Mark Allen completes his match against Joey Barton lookalike Michael Holt. Holt is a decent player but tends to crack under pressure - I reckon it could be a 10-8 or 10-9 so you should get value for money. Enjoy your evening. :thumbsup:

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
St. Leonards' Mark Davis IS in action against Dominic Dale while Mark Allen completes his match against Joey Barton lookalike Michael Holt. Holt is a decent player but tends to crack under pressure - I reckon it could be a 10-8 or 10-9 so you should get value for money. Enjoy your evening. :thumbsup:

We were (un)lucky enough to be on the Mark Davis side of the divide. Worst I have ever seen him play unfortunately. Dale just mopped up all his mistakes and made him look poor. Highlight was being able to shout out "come on Mark" and listen back to myself on the highlights. Also did a loud sneeze. Fun. I considered a "come on Hastings" but there was nothing to cheer. Poor Mark.

Gutted Allen won so easily too, nasty piece of work he is.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Joe Perry each-way 100/1. Not a bad price although he would probably have to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in the second round. There's usually a surprise finalist so maybe?

Gentleman Joe is 3-1 up on the Rocket. Early days but getting quite excited. The top half of the draw is opening up and what a return that would be on a tenner each-way @ 100/1!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Gentleman Joe is 3-1 up on the Rocket. Early days but getting quite excited. The top half of the draw is opening up and what a return that would be on a tenner each-way @ 100/1!

I can't wait for Crodo to announce there was a mixup with the draw and he has had to redo it when Ronnie gets knocked out in the second round :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The draw has opened up quite nicely for Dominic Dale.....I was a bit gutted when I drew him, but he might get somewhere this year.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:nono: Ronnie

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Now we're getting to the business end of the tournament,. been some sensational snooker so far but I get the feeling the quality is just aboutt o be turned up a notch. Great quarter finals line up and good to see such a high quality line-up who almost to a man play an attractive brand of snooker.

"The Rocket" Ronnie O'Sullivan - [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] v "The Magician" Shaun Murphy - [MENTION=11862]Kaiser_Soze[/MENTION]
"The Jester from Leicester" Mark Selby - [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] v Alan "Angles" McManus - [MENTION=1225]Wardy[/MENTION]
Barry "The Hawk" Hawkins - [MENTION=19150]piersa[/MENTION] v "The Spaceman" Dominic Dale - [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION] & [MENTION=12225]MacKenzie[/MENTION]
"Mr Haircut 100" Judd Trump - [MENTION=22385]bigcabboy[/MENTION] v "The Thunder from Down Under" Neil Robertson - [MENTION=14177]LennyD[/MENTION]

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Now we're getting to the business end of the tournament,. been some sensational snooker so far but I get the feeling the quality is just aboutt o be turned up a notch. Great quarter finals line up and good to see such a high quality line-up who almost to a man play an attractive brand of snooker.

"The Rocket" Ronnie O'Sullivan - [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] v "The Magician" Shaun Murphy - [MENTION=11862]Kaiser_Soze[/MENTION]
"The Jester from Leicester" Mark Selby - [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] v Alan "Angles" McManus - [MENTION=1225]Wardy[/MENTION]
Barry "The Hawk" Hawkins - [MENTION=19150]piersa[/MENTION] v "The Spaceman" Dominic Dale - [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION] & [MENTION=12225]MacKenzie[/MENTION]
"Mr Haircut 100" Judd Trump - [MENTION=22385]bigcabboy[/MENTION] v "The Thunder from Down Under" Neil Robertson - [MENTION=14177]LennyD[/MENTION]

Good to see your underdog is still in. Trump v Robertson could be a cracker.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
And now 10 - 10. 5 in a row for the Jester from Leicester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here