Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Stephens looked like he was a shoeing to go, and did not. Stockdale might stay also.

Back to where this thread started, I was convinced Stephens was going and completely sure Stockdale had signed elsewhere. I've been proved wrong once and would happily be proved wrong again. Stockdale had been superb last 2 seasons (let's forget the 1st) and is clearly a communicator on the pitch and dressing room as well. Keeping that #together aspect could be key next year.

That said, Keeping Stephens is the more important of the 2. That's like a new signing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Grummitt for me, amazing, until his long career was brought to an end.
But Stockdale THIS SEASON as been as good as any other Albion keeper I've seen.

Grummitt was excellent and the best for me.

I would put Stocko in my top 5 definitely and would say distribution wise, number 1 by an absolute mile.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Love him and hope he stays, but beyond if they could offer more money, objectively speaking I really don't see ANY appeal to signing for Watford, Palarse or Leeds over staying at Brighton. Would be a bizarre sideways/downwards move in my opinion.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Angling for a bigger pay rise than the one that is on offer, should have gone up considerably as we are now challenging for the Premier League title.
Feels good to say that.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Grummitt would have been my first choice, but I have been watching the Albion since 1956 and Eric Gill, Dave Hollins,Geoff Sidebottom and Mark Beeney would have taken top 5 for me.

Agree with you on Peter Grummitt being the best but although not the best my favourite will always be this guy for his character and rapport with the fans .
Eric ' Groucho ' Steele and also a legendary member of the 1979 promotion team .

Attachments

• asset (41).jpg
    asset (41).jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 520
  • img489.jpg
    img489.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 527

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Grummitt would have been my first choice, but I have been watching the Albion since 1956 and Eric Gill, Dave Hollins,Geoff Sidebottom and Mark Beeney would have taken top 5 for me.

Good call. I would also rate Beeney as marginally better, didn't see the others....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agree with you on Peter Grummitt being the best but although not the best my favourite will always be this guy for his character and rapport with the fans .
Eric ' Groucho ' Steele and also a legendary member of the 1979 promotion team .

Was he better than Moseley though [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Love him and hope he stays, but beyond if they could offer more money, objectively speaking I really don't see ANY appeal to signing for Watford, Palarse or Leeds over staying at Brighton. Would be a bizarre sideways/downwards move in my opinion.

Watford and Palace are both established Premier League clubs, they are more likely to still be there the following season than we are. To judge that as a sideways move is wearing Albion tinted spectacles I'm afraid.

I can't see him leaving us for Leeds.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Watford and Palace are both established Premier League clubs, they are more likely to still be there the following season than we are. To judge that as a sideways move is wearing Albion tinted spectacles I'm afraid.

I can't see him leaving us for Leeds.
Actually we are more likely ( 100%) to be in the PL next season than palace ( below 100% ).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Grummitt couldn't kick. Always seemed to slice from my recollection but I did only see his last season at the Albion.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Grummitt couldn't kick. Always seemed to slice from my recollection but I did only see his last season at the Albion.

Not as important then as it is now though

Grummitt was excellent and the best for me.

I would put Stocko in my top 5 definitely and would say distribution wise, number 1 by an absolute mile.

Completely agree, Ive always thought Peter Grummitt was the best keeper we've ever had.

But there was no such thing as distribution, unless you count just hoofing the ball down the middle, that's what all keepers did. Occasionally they'd show off and throw it but usually down the middle even then. Any keeper that rolled the ball to a full back would get a mouthfull!

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Joe Corrigan was better than all of them wasn't he, even if he was past his prime. Mark Beeney was probably best of the others I've seen with John Keeley not far behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here