Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC not mentioning the albion much?

Dec 29, 2011
I don't really see the problem here. What's happening to Brighton & Hove Albion may be important to all of us here. But a club securing 6th spot in a second tier league hardly merits wall to wall coverage on the BBC.

It's hardly 'wall to wall' coverage we want, here is the front page of the CHAMPIONSHIP section on the BBC website.Two articles for Birmingham and one for how Doncaster stayed up. Also links to 'irrelevent' games such as Millwall - Bournemouth and Leeds - Huddersfield (and not the Brighton one). I just wanted to check the Brighton write-up and was shocked I had to scroll to the Brighton section to see it. If Leeds/Forest etc scored a 92nd minute winner to secure a play-off spot do you think it wouldn't be mentioned?
5YIKxEy.png

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's hardly 'wall to wall' coverage we want, here is the front page of the CHAMPIONSHIP section on the BBC website.Two articles for Birmingham and one for how Doncaster stayed up. Also links to 'irrelevent' games such as Millwall - Bournemouth and Leeds - Huddersfield (and not the Brighton one). I just wanted to check the Brighton write-up and was shocked I had to scroll to the Brighton section to see it. If Leeds/Forest etc scored a 92nd minute winner to secure a play-off spot do you think it wouldn't be mentioned?
5YIKxEy.png

Just checked on my mobile phone and it's the fourth story on the Championship page.

It's also a featured story on the desktop site. Your screen shot doesn't show the featured stories on the right hand side.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I listened to Alan Brazil on Talk Sport the other morning. They were discussing whether or not Blackburn could overhaul the 7 goal deficit if Reading lost. There was no mention of an other team being in the mix; no wonder Reading fans thought they'd clinched 6th and invaded the pitch.

I heard that too.. Best wishes to Paul Robinson etc..

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
and as this thread points out http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-have-just-featured-on-the-main-BBC-10PM-News! - there was a brief mention of the Albion on the national BBC 10pm news last night.
(NB: I work for the BBC which explains this rather over loyal (and quite dull) defence of what they're up to even though i don't work for the sport bit)

They showed the goal and everything on the football roundup on the 10 o'clock news just before MOTD. That is national exposure if you ask me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I couldn't give two hoots about the BBC coverage. We're in the playoffs against all the odds which is an amazing feeling yet some people want to act the victim.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
5YIKxEy.png

If you had looked a couple of hours earlier, you would have found Nottm Forest v Brighton on the main headline page not just the sports/football page.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't really see the problem here. What's happening to Brighton & Hove Albion may be important to all of us here. But a club securing 6th spot in a second tier league hardly merits wall to wall coverage on the BBC.

I'm still tuned to BBC South and a couple of weeks ago all the Championship talk was of Bournemouth and Reading and what "amazing and fantastic " seasons they had had and that there was "still time for them both to make that final push for a playoff spot...." with an add on of " oh, and Brighton are close too "

Well, they can stick their Bournemouth and reading up their a@@@s now !:thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How dare the BBC Championship page not mention Brighton!

bbc1.jpg

Except it does feature us when you don't crop your screenshot.

bbc2.jpg

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
5Live was v disappointing, I was away from internet so was the only way to follow game by radio. They kept going from Birmingham game to Bolton and getting all excited that Blackburn now only needed so many goals and for Reading and Brighton to both lose. Even when Brighton scored they just said and there's been a goal at the Forest Brighton match and then waited 1/2 minute to tell us who. Guess in some ways it added to the suspense but overall pretty poor coverage and appeared they only wanted to talk about Reading, Blackburn and relegation scrap.

Dec 29, 2011
How dare the BBC Championship page not mention Brighton!

bbc1.jpg

Except it does feature us when you don't crop your screenshot.

bbc2.jpg

I didn't see the thing on the right when I was looking for the Brighton result. Everyone knows eyes divert to the left on web pages, that's why navigation is usually near the left. Put us on the right, and no-one will see it. I know what the BBC are playing at now, and it's 100% a conspiracy there's no way around it.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
When you have a manager who is a media-loving gobsh!te you get more attention. Don't worry about it too much

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
5Live was v disappointing, I was away from internet so was the only way to follow game by radio. They kept going from Birmingham game to Bolton and getting all excited that Blackburn now only needed so many goals and for Reading and Brighton to both lose. Even when Brighton scored they just said and there's been a goal at the Forest Brighton match and then waited 1/2 minute to tell us who. Guess in some ways it added to the suspense but overall pretty poor coverage and appeared they only wanted to talk about Reading, Blackburn and relegation scrap.

F*** um I like being the underdogs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here