Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bang, bang! You're down.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm gutted for their fans. This isn't a simple case of relegation. No one had been paid in weeks. They're going bust and Becchetti is to blame.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I should want it to happen to Palace more but West ham going down would be effin brilliant.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Cheerio Orient. In 1997 your players thought it was a wheeze to taunt the North Stand about what looked like impending relegation out of the league. Ha! Bang bang - you're as good as gone!

Jeez, heat of the moment and all that. Cold light of day twenty years later kinda costs YOU the moral high ground in my view. I wish the O's all the luck in the world right now, I do not think it will be enough.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's a tragedy what's happening to Orient. There but for the grace of God and all that.... A couple of players got over-excited 20 years ago when emotions were running high at the Goldstone. So what? All part of football. Hope they survive and succeed personally, especially now West Ham have muscled in.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A real chance that they could end up in a worse situation than Brighton.
Definitely going down to non league, we didn't.
Real chance of totally folding, we didn't.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yet another embarrassing and inappropriate thread. No class :facepalm::ban:

I do agree it's an embarrassing thread, but a ban? Not for me, Clive - he retracted the sentiment pretty much immediately, and even if he hadn't, I don't think it would have got anywhere near a ban.

I could make this thread disappear into the ether [MENTION=4671]The-Libertine[/MENTION] if you'd like me to?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't quite put my finger on the reason why , but Orient away was a fixture i always looked for when the fixtures came out to book a day off , had so many good days out and horrendous ones too there over the years , a club that's being dismantled bit by bit from the top down should strike a chilling cord with those of a certain age , the cuntishness of the thread title is a tad out of order but at least it maybe a reminder to us all how quickly things can fall apart if not looked after properly , enjoy today but never forget just how close we were to Orients position now .

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I do agree it's an embarrassing thread, but a ban? Not for me, Clive - he retracted the sentiment pretty much immediately, and even if he hadn't, I don't think it would have got anywhere near a ban.

I could make this thread disappear into the ether [MENTION=4671]The-Libertine[/MENTION] if you'd like me to?

Fair enough maybe a ban is a tad harsh, but you would have thought a person with such a small number of posts would be more selective and careful when starting a thread of this kind :shrug:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I generally feel it's just a matter of time before they fold. With West Ham being awarded that stadium on their doorstep that effectively has killed off Orient.

No it hasn't. Factor out the being shit in the bottom division impact on attendances and they're still attracting the same die hard core of c4,000-5,000.

What's killing them is their idiotic Italian chairman.

Sad to see it happen as I would be for any team. They managed to fill a Palace shaped and sized hole when we needed someone to really hate back in the day and for that I will look upon them fondly even if through half a skunk eye.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Fair enough maybe a ban is a tad harsh, but you would have thought a person with such a small number of posts would be more selective and careful when starting a thread of this kind :shrug:

Yep, can't disagree with that....

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Obviously I wouldn't want to see them go bust - same for any club. At the time, however, I don't remember a great deal of sympathy from anyone from Orient for our plight. Their chairman, Barry Hearn, campaigned to have us expelled from the football league. Their players regularly goaded our fans before and during games. They had some idiotic fans, epitomised by that bloke Buono, who used to be on the PA system at Brisbane Road and played YMCA before kick off when they played us, just to get the homophobic chanting going. Through the lens of our own success and with the passing of two decades, it's easy (and better) to 'be the bigger person' and wish them well, but some of the posts on this thread are a little sanctimonious.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Absolute CJTC of a post from the OP.

Pathetic - much rather see Orient fans than Spurs / Arsenal etc, we are no better than them, just got very very lucky with Bloom

W**nker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here