Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton FC very angry with... everyone

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If I was reffing their game today the first player to swear at me would be shown a red card, and so on until they had to abandon the game due to not enough players on the pitch, if they want to use the letter of the law then so would I.

Guard of Honour

Oct 9, 2013
Almost as cringe worthy and pathetic as getting wound up about a guard of honour in league 1, and the 'can you keep up' nonsense, changing your programme cover etc, eh boys?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can we send in a protest about Mike Hooper ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Almost as cringe worthy and pathetic as getting wound up about a guard of honour in league 1, and the 'can you keep up' nonsense, changing your programme cover etc, eh boys?

As far as I'm aware though, our CLUB never made comment about Adkins' lamentable lack of grace, over the guard of honour thing. That was just us as fans pointing out how that made you look like bitter losers.

With this Lallana thing however, it IS your club that is acting like a pathetic spoilt child. Bless.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Sorry it was a typo , I must have been subconsciously being trying to write Mike Hunt as it rhymes with **** :lol:

Agreed!

The irony of the Lallana thread is that NSCers have also been guilty of a full on anti-ref rant on here after the Bournemouth game this week. But at least ours was about a blatantly awful Refereeing decision that had a bearing the on result, rather than a gentle war of words that could have been dealt in a dignified man to man way, rather than telling tales out of school.

Lallana is clearly a good player.I hope he goes to the World Cup and makes a real name for himself through his footie. However the current issue is an unfortunate distraction that could affect his form, which would be unfortunate.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I wonder what [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] has to say on the subject

Firstly -- nicest kid you could ever meet and very down to earth - likes Brighton a lot.

This complaint has absolutely nothing to do with him , he's rightfully pissed off that saints have lodged it as it makes him look terrible.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Firstly -- nicest kid you could ever meet and very down to earth - likes Brighton a lot.

This complaint has absolutely nothing to do with him , he's rightfully pissed off that saints have lodged it as it makes him look terrible.

Glad to hear that, and exactly what I imagined to be the case. Saints have acted like right pricks on this. I'd imagine that it has Cortese's fingers all over it. The knob.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

I've 'met'* him a couple of times and thought this. He seems a genuinely nice guy.

Southampton Football Club have made themselves out to be complete tw@ts in this situation.

* When I say 'met' I mean i've been there when he's opened a fete/shop and he's always had time for the kids, even those in Brighton kits, giving a bit of banter about 3-0 defeats in January.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've 'met'* him a couple of times and thought this. He seems a genuinely nice guy.

Southampton Football Club have made themselves out to be complete tw@ts in this situation.

* When I say 'met' I mean i've been there when he's opened a fete/shop and he's always had time for the kids, even those in Brighton kits, giving a bit of banter about 3-0 defeats in January.

Yeah, but have you met him since he played for England? Apparently he's changed...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I fail to see how any offence could have been caused by Clattenberg's "reported" comments. Seems very restrained and reasonable to me.

However, over the past 20 years or so the officials in the professional game have made a rod for their own backs but consistently failing to referee in accordance with the laws of the game! Law 12 clearly states:-

A player shall be sent off the field of play and shown the red card, if, in the opinion of the referee, he:

(p) uses foul or abusive language;

Note the word "shall". It gives the referee no discretion. Now some words might not be swearing "in the opinion of the referee", but I think we all agree the C word is abusive. No ifs, buts or maybes. And yet the idiot Halsey in the papers this weekend was saying that it was ok to call a referee the C word, so long as you didn't call them a cheat!

So how about those who referee in the amateur game, particularly the youngsters? Is that why the amateur game is so short of referees?

If those at the top of the game imposed Law 12 and sent off every player who used the worst words towards a match official or opponent, the clubs would very quickly stop the dogs abuse their players aim at officials.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here