Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** Specsavers County Cricket Championship Division Two Sussex vs. Middlesex at Hove ****

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No team has more batting bonus points than Sussex. Must be an error? ???
That's because we have played a game more than most others.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Lets just bask in the sunshine at our new Dizzy hights.

Attachments

• Table 22.jpeg
    Table 22.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 275

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It is an ECB fix that Warwicshire and Middlesex only play each other once this season. How do the ECB defend that stupid change in the fixtures.

Was thinking this earlier, they need to come up with a better system. Play everyone once, then split the league in half and play once more against other teams in your section/half? Like they used to do in Scottish football, has to be fairer. Though I suppose it is possible that way that you end up playing all your last games away, or to avoid that issue the same team at home/away twice.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Was thinking this earlier, they need to come up with a better system. Play everyone once, then split the league in half and play once more against other teams in your section/half? Like they used to do in Scottish football, has to be fairer. Though I suppose it is possible that way that you end up playing all your last games away, or to avoid that issue the same team at home/away twice.

Or just play everyone twice and reduce some of the tin pot stuff in the Summer months (money making T20)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Or just play everyone twice and reduce some of the tin pot stuff in the Summer months (money making T20)

When I first started watching cricket, we played 28 CC games - they now play 14. I was a member of Sussex for 36 years but with just seven home games, it's scarcely worth joining now

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It is an ECB fix that Warwicshire and Middlesex only play each other once this season. How do the ECB defend that stupid change in the fixtures.

We got done last year too but even if we hadn’t it’s still a tin pot system.
It shows how little respect the ecb have for county cricket.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
When I first started watching cricket, we played 28 CC games - they now play 14. I was a member of Sussex for 36 years but with just seven home games, it's scarcely worth joining now

My fantasy retirement plans centre around watching Sussex cricket in a deckchair.
Not sure there’ll be anything to watch in 20 years though.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Same here - and my retirement is just 10 years off
I'm about 10 off retirement too but the magic days of Sussex cricket are long gone, bye bye The Saffrons, bye bye cricket in Hastings, I think Horsham has dropped off the list too...

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Next CC game at Hove 22 July. I hope Kent broadcast the next one. Not sure Cheltenham Colledge will have the facility to broadcast from an outground after the Kent game though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here