Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Replacement bus service

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Possibly the 3 most depressing words in the English language. I'm coming down from London for the game today and down is no problem - but I need to get back pretty sharpish after for a dinner tonight - any tips from anyone about the quickest way back up - get the replacement bus at Brighton - or is there a better way? (And I'm not an early leaver - particular not today which I expect to be a tense one!)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You could check the National Express timetable out of Pool Valley. Nip on a 25 to the Old Steine and away you go.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If it’s that imperative you get back for dinner then how about a taxi to Gatwick then jump on the train, not the most cost effective but certainly the quickest.

Jul 7, 2003
Or to Uckfield?

Bus to Uckfield from the University and train.

Alternatively you could try calling Seagull Travel or Mid Sussex Seagulls to see if they have space on a coach back to Horsham or Crawley.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Forget Seagulls Travel. Recently we've been parked up for 30 minutes waiting to get out. Good system of shifting all the coaches with everything else stopped, but not the fastest.

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
Currently on the bus from Three Bridges so with regard to getting down, our train got in at 10 past and the we were on the bus and away for 20 past. Half past now and just joined the end of the m23.

Quick tip, get on middle of train as you use the ramp down exit and take a left just after Greggs into the bus parking area. Bus sets off as soon as it’s full.....

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Possibly the 3 most depressing words in the English language. I'm coming down from London for the game today and down is no problem - but I need to get back pretty sharpish after for a dinner tonight - any tips from anyone about the quickest way back up - get the replacement bus at Brighton - or is there a better way? (And I'm not an early leaver - particular not today which I expect to be a tense one!)
So true! The promise of drawn out depressing tedium.

'Pay and Display' is quite depressing also.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Currently on the bus from Three Bridges so with regard to getting down, our train got in at 10 past and the we were on the bus and away for 20 past. Half past now and just joined the end of the m23.

Quick tip, get on middle of train as you use the ramp down exit and take a left just after Greggs into the bus parking area. Bus sets off as soon as it’s full.....

I've solved the getting down problem (picked up by the old man at three bridges) - but this is not an option for the return leg unfortunately (unless I make him not have his pre and post match pint, which is a bit mean). So it's tips for how to get on the bus back up that I need!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here