Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ronaldo better than Messi?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
It's too tough to call as although they have phenomenal scoring records that are heads, shoulders, knees and toes above everyone else, they're so different.

I think of it as Ronaldo being a huge athletic machine, he's worked hard to be where he is and to have the records he has. I feel as though Messi can only be described as magic. A natural. Born class. That's how I differentiate them anyway.

I wouldn't want to pick who is best, but like a lot of pundits etc say: Just be grateful that two of the world's greatest ever footballers are here, at the same time, in your lifetime.

theboybilly

They're both ridiculous.

Meanwhile, at Fulham v Leeds, I am thoroughly enjoying just how SHIT that dirty filth are again. Firmly entrenched once again in their customary midtable berth of no mans land.

Every time I see Leeds lose I think of that neanderthal thug that went for Uwe last season. Another season outside the top flight? Priceless

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Completely unfair to Ronaldo there. Portugal probably would not have got to the final were it not for Ronaldo. He played in the final and got injured, but who can forget him on the touchline acting as a manager for the rest of the game? Messi should have done far better with Argentina who have a much better squad. Especially in the Copa America, where they lost out to Chile two finals in a row.

This.

Maradona is the best player the world as seen so far.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ashley Barnes wouldn't even bother to celebrate that 'hit and hope', .........'what goal?'

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They're both ridiculous.

Meanwhile, at Fulham v Leeds, I am thoroughly enjoying just how SHIT that dirty filth are again. Firmly entrenched once again in their customary midtable berth of no mans land.

Haha. I was there too. Leeds were dire. Funniest moment - when their striker was clean through and shot straight at the keeper, Fulham went straight down the other end and scored. They look a decent side (Fulham, that is).

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I love it when a good overhead kick is scored, and that one is a belter.

But it always gives us a chance to measure the latest up to the very best. And was it better than Trevor Sinclair's? Nice try Ron, but no.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ronaldo is the best goalgetter I’ve seen. Essentially the top end version of Salah. But Messi is a far superior football player to anything else this world has produced in my life time. But we’re absolutely blessed to have seen both in our lifetime.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I appreciate this response completely warrants a "why are you on this thread then??".....but I find the debate SO tiresome.

They are completely different players and both INSANE. Can we not just watch both and appreciate that we are probably watching the two greatest players of all time playing in the same time, in the same competitions?

It's brilliant.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I love it when a good overhead kick is scored, and that one is a belter.

But it always gives us a chance to measure the latest up to the very best. And was it better than Trevor Sinclair's? Nice try Ron, but no.

This is clearly the best overhead goal ever. Was beaten by Beckham's halfway line goal for GOTS which was a travesty

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Ronaldo all day long. Messi content to be a flat track bully in a league where his team only has half a dozen tough games all season.

Could he do it on a wet night in Stoke? Ronaldo has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sensational nonsense

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm going to put this out there. Overhead kicks aren't THAT hard. It's just the scenario needs to be perfect to pull one off, which is why they are rare. The also benefit from looking amazing because they are, frankly, odd.

Try harder CHRIS.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
This is clearly the best overhead goal ever. Was beaten by Beckham's halfway line goal for GOTS which was a travesty

I didn't know that. What a joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here