[Albion] When will we sign THE striker?

When will we sign THE striker?

• Before West Brom away - key game and we need to find a way to win

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Before Chelsea at home - a game to bed in before the big ones

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Before Boro away in the Cup - low-key game to start getting involved

Votes: 45 13.0%
  • Before Southampton away - what's the rush?

Votes: 21 6.1%
  • Before West Ham at home - typical Albion last minute deal

Votes: 72 20.9%
  • We won't sign one

Votes: 188 54.5%

• Total voters

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
ighalo.PNG

Hold on lads...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes please. Perfect for us, wages must be a sticking point though as I bet he's on big bucks in China.

I'll hazard a guess if that were true having money isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Can't see us signing any players let alone a striker. I know we have to make sure we're getting the 'right player' but the lack of urgency is one thing that really pisses me off with this club. Has always been the case since we had that transfer window a few years back and ended up with deadline day signings of Dean Hammond and Stephen ****in Dobbie! (I know we signed quality players that window but don't take this away from me)

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Can't see us signing any players let alone a striker. I know we have to make sure we're getting the 'right player' but the lack of urgency is one thing that really pisses me off with this club. Has always been the case since we had that transfer window a few years back and ended up with deadline day signings of Dean Hammond and Stephen ****in Dobbie! (I know we signed quality players that window but don't take this away from me)

Agreed. The club really needs to look at sorting out the recruitment process. Huddersfield are a long way ahead of us in terms of recruitment.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Agreed. The club really needs to look at sorting out the recruitment process. Huddersfield are a long way ahead of us in terms of recruitment.

I wouldn't say that. We did bring in Ryan, Propper, Gross, Suttner, Schelotto, Izquierdo, all of whom have shown their class at some point this season. More so, Ryan and Gross.

We do make some good signings, it's just the time it takes and the hush hush secrecy (understandable) that annoys me.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
The sheets are dry all right. It is a case of do we want more Premier League football next season or not?

The current team/squad are not good enough, and thankfully an awful Swansea and West Brom have given us a 50/50 chance of escaping in 17th place or thereabouts. No question, our position is becoming worse with every week that passes. If and when we fall into the bottom 3 I don't see us getting out of it, without a goalscorer.

I have seen so many home draws against poor teams this season, we should have beaten on the day. We are not unlucky, just not good enough in the key areas.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
The sheets are dry all right. It is a case of do we want more Premier League football next season or not?

The current team/squad are not good enough, and thankfully an awful Swansea and West Brom have given us a 50/50 chance of escaping in 17th place or thereabouts. No question, our position is becoming worse with every week that passes. If and when we fall into the bottom 3 I don't see us getting out of it, without a goalscorer.

I have seen so many home draws against poor teams this season, we should have beaten on the day. We are not unlucky, just not good enough in the key areas.

I think this team/squad is good enough based on the fact that we are 12th! I know it's only 3 points away from the relegation zone but I think we are good enough.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This lack of urgency in the Amex era led to a play-off challenge or better in every single season except one (or two if you count the first when we finished 10th). The only teams who have succeeded by not overspending but not "dragging their feet" either are Burnley and Huddersfield. Every other team I can think of has either gambled, massively overspending to get their man and succeeded (Bournemouth) or gambled by massively overspending or bringing in bang-average signings early - and not succeeded (QPR couldn't sustain it, and loads of clubs have suffered massively: Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Villa, Norwich, Birmingham, Leeds)

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008

The same transfer window that we'd signed Bruno, Kuzczak, Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Crofts and Wayne Bridge on a season loan. It wasn't that bad, was it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think this team/squad is good enough based on the fact that we are 12th! I know it's only 3 points away from the relegation zone but I think we are good enough.

We've played more or less all of our easy games though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We're literally 3 games in of the second half of the season. Oh and I wouldn't say any game is easy

Home games are easier than away. Home to West Brom, Watford, Southampton, Stoke and an Everton side in meltdown are considerably easier than home to Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. Swansea will be a 6 pointer, Huddersfield have our measure and West Ham will be a totally different proposition to the side we beasted at the Olympic Stadium.

Trust me, we've done the easy bit and we've drawn too many of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Stephen ***ing Dobbie was tearing it up at Blackpool at the time. My friend, who has been Blackpool fan for years, texted me when we signed him and said "You've won the league". That's how good his reputation was when we signed him. I think we can forgive that purchase, and in this case shouldn't judge the decision at the time solely by the eventual contribution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here