Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion have second highest level of debt in British football

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All of this is going over my head.
So we have the second biggest debt which is £200 million owed to one person.
How are Spurs paying for their ground though. £800 million cash in the bank, I doubt it. So that must be a debt.

Figures based on the most recent set of accounts, which for Spurs was June 2017. Since then they have borrowed substantial amounts.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
So I still don't get it. There's no way that owing £200 million is the second biggest debt.

The £400m loan was only announced in May 2017. The most recent Spurs results are the 2016/17 accounts so the loan was only agreed towards the end of that period. They had only drawn on £152m of the £400m at that point. The next accounts will show a big increase in their debts and they will be in second place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The goonsquad are going to LOVE this. They've never quite been able to get their heads around an interest-free "debt" to Tony Bloom being completely different to a debt to, say, Agilo. Or the fact that the majority of the debt has been through huge investment in infrastructure to get us away from a council athletics track and a ploughed field for a training ground - as opposed to pouring hundreds of millions of pounds into players and agents pockets over the last 6 years and having absolutely nothing whatsoever to show for it.

I'm ok with that.

This. Whoever called you a brain dead mug sheep all those years ago should be ashamed of themselves. And it wasn't me. :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
ManC and Chelsea have capitalised vast sums in owners petro dollars loans, far far greater than TB’s loans, into share capital.

An on paper exercise, but in hard cash terms it was all still a cash injection by way of a loan from the owner.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
F**k ‘em.

And this.

Their bitching is as meaningful as Trump spouting 'fake news'. I remember Cheaterfraud nobbers going on about the 'fact' they had really won the league despite the points difference between them and us being bigger than their points deduction. Twats.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
All three? At Bernard Mathews kinky feathered friend party den!

What does Marcus Evans do Monday-Friday to enable him to lend The Tractor Boys that amount of cash?

Lap dancing? Brass houses? White powder?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I read that they have £400m in bank loans on the stadium, repayable within 5 years!

Stadium costs are up to what, £850m now?

They would have got mega bucks for the sale of ''prime retail site'' where their old ground was. Whats being built there - Anyone know ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
They would have got mega bucks for the sale of ''prime retail site'' where their old ground was. Whats being built there - Anyone know ?

The new ground is on the same site as the old White Lane, they haven't moved.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Figures based on the most recent set of accounts, which for Spurs was June 2017. Since then they have borrowed substantial amounts.

With that in mind would it be fair to say the Albion are likely to slide down this table.
I'd like to think, even if Mr Bloom chooses to not write himself a big cheque, at least he doesn't actually have to keep writing them to everybody else?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here