Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boos at full-time whistle

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
For the second game in a row, we've gone 1-0 up early and declared. No ideas, no enthusiasm, no work rate, no quality and no chances created. We were lousy today and it's because of the lack of tactics coming from the bench. Andone came on 20 minutes too late, the whole world could see that we needed to change it and we didn't. Had we lost, it would have been richly deserved for the utter, utter shit we put on again today. If Hughton can't get the team playing, come the summer, we'll need someone who can otherwise we will stagnate and become a rubbish Premier League club like Aston Villa and Sunderland were before their relegations. We'll be fine this season because the bottom 7 are a joke but we're not much better.

How much has been spent to assemble these pathetic and inept teams?

Slightly stronger than I would proclaim, but I understand the sentiments.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry replace shit and drivel with I'll take whatever, whenever and I lick arse whatever the result. What would we do without your undying call to duty? The attendance was confirmed around the 85th minute, 30,500 or something around that.

Oh good you got the attendance right....rest drivel

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Yes they were. Totally justified.

Fvcking sham of a performance in the second half. We made ourselves look like total bottle jobs. It was a puke inducing second half. CH needs to fvcking man up a notch.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What's your PREFERENCE: doing it THERE, or on the KEYBOARD?

The KEYBOARD. I did boo the referee and shout about his masterbatory skills. But then I realised that it was THEIR player he had sent off. After then I commended his ample skills.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Quite a few boo'd near me in WSU and yes it wasn't pretty - one old boy even fell asleep 2 rows in front. On the way out many comments on the train about not providing entertainment anymore. I nearly got into trouble by suggesting we're in the survival business, not the entertainment business - many did not agree so I shut up.

Having travelled to Gillingham years ago for every 'home' game I have certainly seen some dark days so to be disappointed with only drawing with Leicester is all relative to me.

Gillingham was a long time ago. It's a bit like Man City fans harking back to playing in the 3rd tier against Stockport County. We are a different club now and we need to step up

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Just got home, what a frustrating afternoon. CH with his hands in his pockets not doing anything until we're 1-1 and then making like for like subs, no plan b. We can't defend a lead for an hour vs the shit in Wales, we're not going to do it vs a good team like Leicester.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For the second game in a row, we've gone 1-0 up early and declared. No ideas, no enthusiasm, no work rate, no quality and no chances created. We were lousy today and it's because of the lack of tactics coming from the bench. Andone came on 20 minutes too late, the whole world could see that we needed to change it and we didn't. Had we lost, it would have been richly deserved for the utter, utter shit we put on again today. If Hughton can't get the team playing, come the summer, we'll need someone who can otherwise we will stagnate and become a rubbish Premier League club like Aston Villa and Sunderland were before their relegations. We'll be fine this season because the bottom 7 are a joke but we're not much better.

You missed the first half?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

I sympathise with most of what you say, bar your last sentence. I think we have a very capable team, but for some reason they are either choosing or being instructed to stop playing once they have gained any kind of tenuous advantage. Someone needs to tell them exactly where that jugular is, and instruct them to go for it. They should have done that today, and that it what is so effing frustrating. No-one around me booed, but not a single soul was happy with what they had seen.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Justified in my opinion. 1-0 up and a man up at home after half an hour against a team in a similar position to us and we don’t have the balls to finish them off. Good sides put those games to bed.

Hughton either doesn’t trust the players he has to be able to finish the job, or he’s so set in his negative ways that he doesn’t have it in him. Both scenarios are equally worrying.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What's all this nonsense about a good first half? The rot set in the moment we scored, we showed no interest in trying to kill off the game and did nothing of any kind to trouble Schmeichel. Anyone who thinks we were anything other than miserable in the first and rotten in the second needs to take off the blue and white tinted spectacles.

Either the handbrake comes off, or the first job for Ashworth is appointing Hughton's successor. I wouldn't advocate sacking him now, but I would expect he's told to step it up a bit. A defeat without scoring on saturday and then a performance like today on tuesday week will see the conversations change dramatically.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Frustration can flood over in many different guises. The comments about losing CH and slipping back down to the Championship are ridiculous. Did Leicester when they sacked Ranieri? Have Watford with their constant management changes? West Ham? Palace? Southampton? Oh no because we are Norwich incarnate. Today was an absolute shambles in the second half. Home, one man up, no change in shape. Sorry today was an embarrassment and if people want to show their frustration they have every right. Oh and has anyone ever thought we may go down with CH, not in spite of him?
Absolutely spot on. Whilst not being party to the booing, I chose not to applaud the players off the pitch as did many around me. Hugely disappointed tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
'by all accounts'... what is that supposed to mean?

It wasn't great, no, but if you want to knee-jerk us back to the championship after a few weeks of below-par performances and a few CH decisions that he may wish to have again, you'll have to get past me first.

Why can't some people understand that the premier league is hard and we're not perfect?
Lol, have to get past you first. It wasn't great. No shit. It was diabolical.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
What's all this nonsense about a good first half? The rot set in the moment we scored, we showed no interest in trying to kill off the game and did nothing of any kind to trouble Schmeichel. Anyone who thinks we were anything other than miserable in the first and rotten in the second needs to take off the blue and white tinted spectacles.

Either the handbrake comes off, or the first job for Ashworth is appointing Hughton's successor. I wouldn't advocate sacking him now, but I would expect he's told to step it up a bit. A defeat without scoring on saturday and then a performance like today on tuesday week will see the conversations change dramatically.

A shot from Kayal that Schmeical saved and the goal and I think that was it for 90 minutes , depressingly pathetic

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Absolutely spot on. Whilst not being party to the booing, I chose not to applaud the players off the pitch as did many around me. Hugely disappointed tonight.

Same for me. Didn't boo, but didn't clap either. In hindsight I think perhaps a bit childish, but it's just that in-the-moment frustration/disappointment. I suspect most of those that booed will rationalise the result / disappointment over the evening/next day or so. Ill never my knickers in a twist over people that do boo in those kind of circumstances though - footballers earn enough to deal with it, ffs. People getting carried away at football, whatever next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here