Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Decent wake up call if you ask me. Getting ahead of ourselves after beating united.

Nobody likes talking about 'upgrades' when we all have such affinity with most of this squad, but on the showing today we need to seriously improve our competitiveness against the better sides. Half our team just look overawed and it won't help if/when there's another image leaked of an autograph session with Salah as per last game.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Decent wake up call if you ask me. Getting ahead of ourselves after beating united.

Nobody likes talking about 'upgrades' when we all have such affinity with most of this squad, but on the showing today we need to seriously improve our competitiveness against the better sides.

Not too bothered about the top 6 it's against everyone else we need to step up a gear.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Anyone who MOANS about anything this season needs to have a word with themselves, finishing 15th and being safe with 2 matches to go surpassed anyone's expectations

It shouldn't stop us looking at areas where we can improve, particularly away from home.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Nobody likes talking about 'upgrades' when we all have such affinity with most of this squad, but on the showing today we need to seriously improve our competitiveness against the better sides. Half our team just look overawed and it won't help if/when there's another image leaked of an autograph session with Salah as per last game.

On that showing i would like to see two new full backs. Another midfielder. Kayal doesn't do it for me and another striker.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If he was getting some of the shit directed at players on this thread from the fans in the ground I don’t actually blame him. I’m not a big Solly fan either.

Goes with the job spec. Highly paid professional, expected to carry out his job to a certain level.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Goes with the job spec. Highly paid professional, expected to carry out his job to a certain level.

Maybe, but if you abuse a player you can’t get all precious about him giving you the finger either.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Cantor and Aspinall were a little annoying today.

We saw plenty of replays showing Duffy got the ball, replays they (or someone on their staff) surely had access to, at the very least at half time, yet they continued to insist it should have been a penalty.
Cantor questioning two minutes of added time because "it's 30secs for a sub" No it's not! One time someone used '30secs a goal, 30secs a sub' as a rough guide because he didn't understand where the time came from. It's not a rule or a law. If you take time with a sub, some of it will be added on, along with all that time wasted on throws, free kicks, goal kicks, corner kicks, any injuries, any goal celebrations that go a little long.
Locadia has barely played this year. Lots of subtle comments about him not quite doing enough the sort of comments some will interpret as proof he isn't good enough, Murray comes on hoofs the ball out of play and 'he's a bit rusty, he hasn't played much the past two weeks'.

The 30 second added time is not a law or anything, but I'm guessing the referees have guidelines which they're meant to follow (don't know anything about them, apart from reading about how they have meetings before each season and decide how to approach particular things that occur during games to ensure consistency). I think it was Graham Poll on BT Sport during the Everton vs Southampton game where Everton scored over a minute after the additional allotted time. He mentioned where the initial extra time came from, and where the extra 1min 30 came from, and he specifically mentioned 30 seconds for each sub.

Anyway, in these types of games, out of sympathy, the extra time is often less than it should be.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
On that showing i would like to see two new full backs. Another midfielder. Kayal doesn't do it for me and another striker.

Full backs is the area of major concern.

I have liked Schellotto in a few games, but Bruno he is not. He has no direction with his headers, he is positionally questionable at the best of times and he is the most one-footed player I have ever seen. Right back is the biggest concern of them all for me.

Bong I have defended tirelessly on here, but he has been culpable for goals in the bigger games and hasn't offered much going forward as he was capable of doing a division lower.

Kayal is a decent player for 4th choice, but we definitely need to bring in a fresh CM to compete directly with Propper and Stephens.

I'm holding off commenting on Locadia until he has a decent run in the side, but it's not looking great let's be honest.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do. Currently sitting here with a big glass of Red but its in my nature to want more and to want improvement and to analyse where we can achieve it.
Nothing wrong with talking about ways we can improve IMO. I only dislike fans slagging off players who have tried.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Maybe, but if you abuse a player you can’t get all precious about him giving you the finger either.

Still feel the player has to appear above it and stay in control. He is not the first player to have abuse directed at him. My God, NSC is quite calm compared to some other sites.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still feel the player has to appear above it and stay in control. He is not the first player to have abuse directed at him. My God, NSC is quite calm compared to some other sites.

I agree he shouldn’t have done it but as mentioned on the other thread there would have been way more outrage on here if it had been one of the usual scapegoats and not a local hero.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here