Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oldest outfield players for the Albion in the modern era

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If we're talking top division only, the previous record holder was Martin Chivers, at 34y 6m (give or take), about 4 months older than Glenn Murray is now.

Bruno wins it by a long way, outfield or in goal.

No disrespect to Fozzie, when he played for Albion at 39 we were in the 4th tier.

Bruno's being played every PL game bar injury, just shows he really is super human. There have been some pretty old PL outfield players but not many play week in week out at 37

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Steve Claridge has got to be up there? Played a few games for us under McGhee in the championship, he must have been 40 / 41

Edit: he was 38, he just looked over 40 to me

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Apparently it was Sam Cowan according to the club website. 44 years and 156 days in 1945 but it was in a wartime match rather than any recognised league or cup so you might want to discount it.

I think we do have to discount that, otherwise we're looking at including Peter Ward turning out in a testimonial.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jimmy Case was 42 when he left us the 2nd time in 1996 but not sure when his last game was prior to that, which wouldnt have been in the top division.

The answer has got to be Bruno because the others mentioned didnt play in the top division at an old age for us, as we were not in it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Phil Stant was about 39/40 when he played for us, wasn't he?

Remember him scoring for us so just looked it up and he would have been 38 years 4 months 25 days when he scored. Not sure if that is the oldest goalscorer we've had but certainly means Bruno couldn't better that this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was thinking how amazing Bruno is playing in the top flight and competing in the 38th year of his life. Oldest outfield player Albion have had in the top flight?

Has anyone made it to 40 in modern era for Albion?

I dont think anybody matches that criteria certainly not Phil Stant

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here